Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Bills to cut Maybin

wheels002

The Bills are already to give up on Maybin who they drafted in the first rd just a few years ago. I know he really didnt fit when they switched to the 3-4. I wonder if the Lions will give him a look. He may be able to play better in a 4-3 with all the power we have at DT. And he can't be worse against the run than Cliff can he.

wheels002 said:
The Bills are already to give up on Maybin who they drafted in the first rd just a few years ago. I know he really didnt fit when they switched to the 3-4. I wonder if the Lions will give him a look. He may be able to play better in a 4-3 with all the power we have at DT. And he can't be worse against the run than Cliff can he.

....... ???

If the Bills are cutting him after this short period of time, I'd be inclined to look else where. I know it's intriguing because he was such a talent but I've heard is work effort and attitude arent the greatest either.

Can't make a Bills roster :)

There were some that wanted us to draft him. Big time bust.

Since I'm allowed to say this now.. Our upper management is much to smart to pull a draft day move like that.

I agree Danny the Bills draft record reminds me of the Lions Millen record. Thank god we now have Mayhew.

Watching the Bills draft makes me laugh every year. Maybin and spiller were just dumb picks. Completely bought into the hype machine and failed just like millen.

They said that we're tied with the Bills for longest playoff drought (11years). I'm gonna have a tall glass of "realist-aid" and say that I would be pissed if we don't make the playoffs before they do.

I agree Coel we are a lot closer than they are right now. I still think that if we catch a few breaks in games and avoid the major injury we may end that streak this year.

hes 220 lbs lol....if you want to sign him and put him at safety then itd make some sort of sense at least. Hes doesnt belong on any team at linebacker and definitely not on the dline!

Mayhew has struck gold so many times sifting through other teams trash cans that if he signed Maybin, I'd be thrilled. The track record shows there is a better than fair chance he'd be a productive player if Mayhew wants him.

By the same token, if Mayhew passes, I'd be thrilled.

I have really come to trust the guy when it comes to his signings. They won't all be starters by any means, but Martin has a knack for grabbing those first round busts on the cheap and getting decent play from them in another system.

If he looks at Maybin and says "I'd like to see this guy in Detroit", I trust he will get him on the cheap, and there is a reason he wants him. If he passes, I trust that too.

Aaron Maybin - LB - Bills The Bears have had discussions about pursuing OLB Aaron Maybin, who was waived by the Bills on Monday, sources tell the Chicago Tribune.
The Bears are hot on the trail of busted former high draft picks this offseason. After adding Vernon Gholston and Amobi Okoye, Maybin would be their toughest reclamation project yet. It's very difficult to see him playing defensive end in the Bears' 4-3 at just 228 pounds. The Bears select 29th in the waiver process. Related: BearsSource: Chicago Tribune

lolBears...please sign this guy chicago.

sansumo said:
he's gonna sign with the Jets today

Yep, the Jets are kicking the tires on Maybin. I guess Rex never learned from Gholston. Good for him...

Back