Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

don't tell Rush...

Michchamp

...but today is international women's day. He might not like that.

KAWDUP said:
Hey your hero Maher defended Rush today.

http://communities.washingtontimes.com/n....n st-fluke-fat/

May have something to do with how he ended up leaving ABC.

Thought you might like that.

He defended that he apologized (well, sorta, I guess) and nobody accepted it.

He's not defending what he did, or the type of person Rush is, let's just get that straight.

And the majority of the left, probably cares less about what Maher says than the majority of the right does about Rush, which I'm guessing is not a lot.

Maher is not my hero. Nor does he speak for me. He's a political commentator.

also, for the record, neither is Ed Schultz. You can find old threads on this very board where I said that.

MI_Thumb said:
KAWDUP said:
Hey your hero Maher defended Rush today.

http://communities.washingtontimes.com/n....n st-fluke-fat/

May have something to do with how he ended up leaving ABC.

Thought you might like that.

He's not defending what he did, or the type of person Rush is, let's just get that straight.

And the majority of the left, probably cares less about what Maher says than the majority of the right does about Rush, which I'm guessing is not a lot.

Well I didn't think I implied that he defended what he did, or the type person Rush is. In fact I didn't either - no matter how much you keep saying it. I do not defend Rush Limbaugh.

Caring about the individual who made the statements means almost nothing in most contexts, so I have no idea why that would affect anything.

here's what Maher said, all in one tweet: <blockquote>Hate to defend #RushLimbaugh but he apologized, liberals looking bad not accepting. Also hate intimidation by sponsor pullout.</blockquote>
okay. I don't think it's "intimidation." People didn't like what Rush said, and they decided to act on it. this happens both ways. Focus on the Family and groups like that are always calling for boycotts of things they don't like, and that's okay with me.

I don't really care that Rush apologized. He was a fat, lying, bigot, piece-of-shit before he went on a three-day rant about Ms. Fluke, and he still is. The apology didn't change that.

If people think it's unfair that his sponsors pull out and stay out despite the apology... well, gee that's kinda hypocritical of conservatives.

Aren't they the party of "tough love"? You know, you do the crime you do the time? People have to bear the consequences of their actions, and all that jazz? This wasn't a "slip of the tongue" on his part, where an apology might be acceptable. he went on a three day rant, calling her a slut, demanding she videotape it and let him watch, etc. etc. and THEN he only backtracked and apologized when he saw there would be financial consequences to him that he didn't intend.

MichChamp02 said:

also, for the record, neither is Ed Schultz. You can find old threads on this very board where I said that.

Ok - fair enough.

I didn't really say he spoke for you, it is just that I noticed no moral outrage (that obviously did show for Rush's comments) for these other statements. What I saw was additional stupid jokes and comments from you about other right-wing Fox News Anchor women.

Like I said, as long as you dislike what they stand for, bash away. Is that your mantra?

KAWDUP said:
MichChamp02 said:

Ok - fair enough.

I didn't really say he spoke for you, it is just that I noticed no moral outrage (that obviously did show for Rush's comments) for these other statements. What I saw was additional stupid jokes and comments from you about other right-wing Fox News Anchor women.

Like I said, as long as you dislike what they stand for, bash away. Is that your mantra?

No that's closer to my mantra, MC is more of a reasoned argument kind of guy.

MichChamp02 said:
Aren't they the party of "tough love"? You know, you do the crime you do the time? People have to bear the consequences of their actions, and all that jazz?

This a generalization of something or are you thinking that if I am a Republican, this is something I must believe in?

KAWDUP said:
MichChamp02 said:
Aren't they the party of "tough love"? You know, you do the crime you do the time? People have to bear the consequences of their actions, and all that jazz?

This a generalization of something or are you thinking that if I am a Republican, this is something I must believe in?

Wait, you don't believe in those things?

either way, I made the comment because I get the sense that if this ends up sinking Limbaugh's show for good, or curbing the size of his broadcast audience, next we'll hear a lot of whining from FoxNews, Hannity, Glenn Beck, and Rush himself about how unfair it is, or how the liberal media is at work, or it was a conspiracy, etc.

It's not unfair at all. He said a bunch of awful things, and paid the consequences for it.

the apology is meaningless, and any claims it's sincere are belied by the fact that he didn't make it until the backlash got bigger than he could handle. he's try to spin it as a "poor choice of words." which is absurd. it was more like a poor choice of 3 days worth of coverage, and thousands of words... not just a heat-of-the-moment comment, this was a premeditated attack that backfired on him.

Well I never said specifically what I believe in that regard. I can if you would like. I figured you didn't care.

I don't really know why your first paragraph would affect anything I said on the subject, but the rest of it is pretty accurate. Do you even get my point? I'm not going to repeat it for a 4th time. It's like talking to a brick shit-house.

KAWDUP said:
Well I never said specifically what I believe in that regard. I can if you would like. I figured you didn't care.

I don't really know why your first paragraph would affect anything I said on the subject, but the rest of it is pretty accurate. Do you even get my point? I'm not going to repeat it for a 4th time. It's like talking to a brick shit-house.

I'm happy with my posts in this thread. Not everything I typed was intended as a reply to you.

KAWDUP said:
MI_Thumb said:

Well I didn't think I implied that he defended what he did, or the type person Rush is. In fact I didn't either - no matter how much you keep saying it. I do not defend Rush Limbaugh.

Caring about the individual who made the statements means almost nothing in most contexts, so I have no idea why that would affect anything.

When did I ever say you did?

Oops - my bad again?

Lot's of folks keep posting about how he is such a piece of crap, that it doesn't matter about the principle of the thing at all. I never disagree with the statements about him, and even agree with many of the posts, but I always seem to see it again when I am responding to these few threads on the subject.

I apologize for lumping you in, if you weren't one of them.

MichChamp02 said:
KAWDUP said:

I'm happy with my posts in this thread. Not everything I typed was intended as a reply to you.

Yeah I always knew you were happy being a brick shit-house, but it does get boring with the same generalizations, selective moral outrage at something the right is doing. The left is doing it too, but there is always an excuse for not getting upset, in fact encouraging it, or how there is no way in hell the two situations would compare. It is always just more BS.

Well what would you expect from a shit-house?

Glad your happy about your nut bag arguments - typical lawyer.

Back