Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OT Life as an Enforcer

mabre321

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/hockey/nhl/09/19/brent.severyn.enforcer.life/index.html

I found this story on SI today. Its a few years old but i found it really interesting. I never really thought about the mental aspect of having this be your job. unfortunately it is something i don't think we will see anymore in hockey. Im not for having the guys in the NHL that cant skate at all but i will be very pissed if fighting is banned outright it is one of the things that makes hockey unique and lets be honest what hockey fan doesn't enjoy a good fight from time to time.

Good article, I had seen it once before. I wonder if his brain is fried, as he thinks a typical road trip in 1996 would bring him into Detroit with Probert and Kocur. He should get an MRI.

Back