Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Manning in DEN now

TheVictors

local Denver media guy calling for deal today ....might be LB Brackett, Jeff Saturday & Dallas Clark too...?!

Wow, Colts West.

Just heard 3 Broncos got suspended 4-6 games so maybe Manning doesn't want that.

Btw, the 3 that were tested -- "non-human Urine" whatever the fk that means. Lol.

TheVictors03 said:
local Denver media guy calling for deal today ....might be LB Brackett, Jeff Saturday & Dallas Clark too...?!

Wow, Colts West.

good luck to them....

Reminds me of the HBO show Entourage. A star, bringing his buddies with him that add no value.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Btw, the 3 that were tested -- "non-human Urine" whatever the fk that means. Lol.

it means it was synthetic urine....he tried fooling the test and got nabbed.

I don't understand why Peyton would want to go there. Defense is pretty good, however two guys just got suspended and Dawkins/Bailey are getting old!

The offensive line is not that good, they don't have a Peyton type of RB. The WR/TE are a lot less skilled than what Peyton is used to. But, he does get to play in a bad division?

I just find it funny that Tebow is the man in Denver yet they were willing to go after Manning, even the fans. That Arizona signed Kolb for big money and now they'd take Manning instead and that the Jets were interested but after that wasn't an option Sanchez signs a huge deal. All these teams saying these are our guys but what, Manning is out there? Lol. Just funny.

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]I don't understand why Peyton would want to go there. Defense is pretty good, however two guys just got suspended and Dawkins/Bailey are getting old!

The offensive line is not that good, they don't have a Peyton type of RB. The WR/TE are a lot less skilled than what Peyton is used to. But, he does get to play in a bad division?
its the perfect spot for him. He wants to stay in the afc. Would you rather face bal/pitt 4x a year? Jets/ne 4x a year? Or go to the playoffs in the afc west next year? Its a no brainer.

mhughes0021 said:
[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]I don't understand why Peyton would want to go there. Defense is pretty good, however two guys just got suspended and Dawkins/Bailey are getting old!

its the perfect spot for him. He wants to stay in the afc. Would you rather face bal/pitt 4x a year? Jets/ne 4x a year? Or go to the playoffs in the afc west next year? Its a no brainer.

Peyton isn't afraid of competition.

I can see it now

Peyton goes to Denver
San Diego has a phenomenal year
Denver misses the playoffs
San Diego gets booted out one and done

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
mhughes0021 said:

never said hes affraid. Hes just not stupid. He knows how old he is and theres only so many chances left. You go to the team that gives you the best chance to get to the playoffs.

Romneybot said:
I can see it now

Peyton goes to Denver
San Diego has a phenomenal year
Denver misses the playoffs
San Diego gets booted out one and done

SD will be booted out of San Diego before they go to the playoffs again. Theyre done. No oline left, no pass rushers anymore, Pro bowl safety gone, Vjax gone....stick a fork in em.

mhughes0021 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]

never said hes affraid. Hes just not stupid. He knows how old he is and theres only so many chances left. You go to the team that gives you the best chance to get to the playoffs.

He can get any team to the playoffs or haven't you paid attention to his career. Or 2011, when without him the Colts were useless. He doesn't get hurt the Colts are playoff bound. And he's 35, hardly an old man.

[color=#551A8B said:

Almost everything you posted is innaccurate or at best, conjecture. McBean & Williams getting suspended is a non-issue and Dawkins may not be around regardless. Bailey has 3-4 more easy and besides, both the Giants & Pats had mediocre defenses and played in the SuperBowl. "Defense wins Championships" is a cliche at this point.

From everything I've read anywhere, most seem to feel the Broncos O Line is one of the better in the NFL. McGahee is solod at RB and RB's are a dime a dozen ...Addai is a FA now and you can always find some guy to catch screen passes.

Demaryious Thomas, Eric Decker, Eddie Royal.....Reggie Wayne ...Brandon Lloyd ... Other FAs like Dallas Clark...? I'd put Denver's WR up against any others and Brandon Marshall is a nutcase.

But perhaps above all else, Denver has THREE TIMES the Cap space as anyone else. Manning can come in as the defacto OC .....oh yeah, Jack DelRio is now the Broncos DC and he and Manning know one another.

Who knows? All I know is none of the points you raised were very valid objections for anyone actually following the devloping story. As of this morning it is said to be down to DEN and AZ and that Manning is leaning towards Denver already.

We'll see.....maybe Manning is unaware of the OLine's shortcomings!

Broncos TV guy ... "@VicLombardi: I'm told Broncos expect a decision by Monday night. I don't see Manning visiting too many other teams before then."

Peyton Manning - QB - Colts

Free agent Peyton Manning arrived at Cardinals headquarters at around noon ET on Sunday.
Cardinals' assistant coaches, Larry Fitzgerald, and head coach Ken Whisenhunt are all meeting Manning in Arizona. Whisenhunt, in fact, drive Manning to the facility. ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Sunday that Cards officials plan to put a "Louisville-style full-court press" on Peyton during his visit. Cardinals president Michael Bidwell is reportedly "determined" to sign Manning. "This team missed on Montana when he went to K.C.," one Cardinals source told Schefter. "This is a different owner, just with the same last name. Michael will do what it takes."

Its going to be fun when he picks a team and the ones who don't get him will need to repair their QB. "Tebow, Kolb, you've always been our QB for 2012." Lol.

Back