Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Bob, do you have big guns?

LOL...

No it is a dumb story about the screen name at ESPN and now here..

But My father owns a ton of guns that he is leaving to me he says when he passes on.. He is 84 now and that is all he talks about is who is getting his guns... I told him to just shut-up about it and live to 90 or 100..
_________________________________________________________________________________

Anyway i signed up at ESPN way back on June 28th 2000...Me and my wife and kids were living in Vegas (1987-2004) at the time and i worked the swing shift... So I would come home late and bring a few beers home sometimes. I had lurked for awhile and then decided to sign up...As normal i could never think of a screen name. Now remember I was drink a few quarts that night really fast and i only weight around 170 at the time... I was getting happy so..So i started to think of a time when My back and leg were not bad and I remembered when it was easy to lift weights and run and such...Back when I was 18-22.. I always thought if I worked out hard My stupid biceps would get big. Funny thing is if you do work out hard you can gain muscle size in your arms, and legs.... But my Biceps never really did get that big...LOL...I was strong and pretty cut according to my wife but they anyway i digress... Back in 2000 still trying to pick out a cool name for ESPN i freaking choose..

biggunsstowell

Then when ESPN switched a few weeks back Monster open this board and i can tell you like a lot of loyal ESPN posters i was pissed at them.. Jesse and Ron and others told me to sign up and i was going to go with a different name and I just couldn't do it... So i just shortened it to it's present form.

I know sorry to disappoint... But My father and me and my son get to go the range every now and then to shoot the guns... My son is going to inherit a 243 hunting rifle from my dad. Like I said my father is going to leave me like 5-10 guns and his grand kids are going to get some i think.. i would trade them all in right now to have my dad's around for another 10-20 years with his hearing back...

Thanks for reading....

Bob

I quit reading after the 1st part about your Dad..all I needed to know. Can I have partial credit for the assignment? lol

Beez said:
I quit reading after the 1st part about your Dad..all I needed to know. Can I have partial credit for the assignment? lol

Yup!!

it's a nice story and all, but shouldn't this be in the OT section?

I thought it was the nudie magazine that Al Bundy read/looked at. Bigguns

MichChamp02 said:
it's a nice story and all, but shouldn't this be in the OT section?

Fuck the OT section. The great thing about the MIchigan board is that we talk about football AND a great slew of other things. I'm not going to switch over to the OT boards and post shit that no one is going to see.

Sorry, Monster (not really, though)

bavarianinnman said:
nice story. Hungry how about you howd you come up with your name?

Well, my name was StayHungry. Its an early Schwarzenegger movie about bodybuilding and lifestyle choices ( no not gay/straight)

Anyway, back when 'keeping it real' wasn't an overused mantra used by hiphop/gangsta rap fake gangbangers, it used to actually be a code to live by. In this movie, Schwarzenegger plays a bodybuilder that gets exposed to the rich and famous lifestyle and chooses that its not for him. The message of the movie is that the lifestyle of the rich and famous leads one to stop being hungry for more. He believes that to achieve his goals in bodybuilding and life that he can't be content with how things are and that he needs to stay hungry.

My mantra for the year of 2010 was stay hungry after watching that movie again early in 2010. I am a fitness guy, lift weights, run, eat right, etc etc etc and have been doing so for at least 22 years. It also seemed to be a mantra that many on the UM football team had picked up, so i figured I'd make it my screen name.

Some were confused at what to call me for short, SH, Stay, etc...I liked the shortened version of Hungry the most, so when I switched, i just chose to be Hungry.

All that plus the fact that I always seem to be hungry, both for food and for wanting my life to get better.

in short...

doneoett said:
I thought it was the nudie magazine that Al Bundy read/looked at. Bigguns

I know. I thought of that possibility especially when used with the towel

Bob gets his Bigguns mag out, grabs his favorite towel...not really a good visual...

Hungry said:
bavarianinnman said:
nice story. Hungry how about you howd you come up with your name?

Well, my name was StayHungry. Its an early Schwarzenegger movie about bodybuilding and lifestyle choices ( no not gay/straight)

Anyway, back when 'keeping it real' wasn't an overused mantra used by hiphop/gangsta rap fake gangbangers, it used to actually be a code to live by. In this movie, Schwarzenegger plays a bodybuilder that gets exposed to the rich and famous lifestyle and chooses that its not for him. The message of the movie is that the lifestyle of the rich and famous leads one to stop being hungry for more. He believes that to achieve his goals in bodybuilding and life that he can't be content with how things are and that he needs to stay hungry.

My mantra for the year of 2010 was stay hungry after watching that movie again early in 2010. I am a fitness guy, lift weights, run, eat right, etc etc etc and have been doing so for at least 22 years. It also seemed to be a mantra that many on the UM football team had picked up, so i figured I'd make it my screen name.

Some were confused at what to call me for short, SH, Stay, etc...I liked the shortened version of Hungry the most, so when I switched, i just chose to be Hungry.

All that plus the fact that I always seem to be hungry, both for food and for wanting my life to get better.

in short...

When I saw this thread, I thought about your name. Reality is stranger than fiction. That movie was just on Encore in past few days.

KAWDUP said:
No, not really! :*)

Now, don't be shy. I don't mind retelling it.
grin.png

bavarianinnman said:
lol i dont know if we have enough time for your story GBIA.

It is rather lengthy now that you mention it, so I'll just give you the first part.

I was born at a very early age . . .

Back