Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

LOL Jim Thome

Monster

Forum Manager
Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Sacramento Kings
Michigan Wolverines
Detroit Pistons
Anyone see his post game interview with the twinks network? He said something to the effect of "I'm just happy it happened here in Minnesota."

What??!?!? I know Thome's getting up there in age, but did he seriously not realize where he was playing?

If Thome really did make that bad gaffe, then maybe someone who recorded it and likely is a Twins fan may upload it to You Tube soon.

Turok said:
If Thome really did make that bad gaffe, then maybe someone who recorded it and likely is a Twins fan may upload it to You Tube soon.

watch the twins-tigers highlights on espn news. It's the interview he did on the field.

Maybe he meant "In Minnesota" as in while he was on Minnesotas team. Maybe he feels more at home in Minnesota than he did in his other stops. Or he could have just had that speech lined up and forgot not to say that. lol I dont know but I just thought I'd bring a differ perspective to the table.

Beez said:
Maybe he meant "In Minnesota" as in while he was on Minnesotas team. Maybe he feels more at home in Minnesota than he did in his other stops. Or he could have just had that speech lined up and forgot not to say that. lol I dont know but I just thought I'd bring a differ perspective to the table.

lol yeah i'm sure that would be the excuse. But in the form he said it, he definitely meant in Minnesota. Maybe I'll record it on my phone and upload it here.

damn, now all they're showing is the press conference after.

I'm sure we'll be able to find it soon. The internet is very unforgiving. lol

Beez said:
I'm sure we'll be able to find it soon. The internet is very unforgiving. lol

i checked "fox sports north". they have the interview up. I sat through about six minutes of it and it ended. THEY CUT IT OUT! lol damn it!

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]After the first homer DS should have pitched around him..

Maybe the Caveman thought that Thome was gonna save #600 for the hometown crowd in Target Field?

::) ??? :-/

Turok said:
[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]After the first homer DS should have pitched around him..

Maybe the Caveman thought that Thome was gonna save #600 for the hometown crowd in Target Field?

lol, apparently Thome did too XD

Spockmaster said:
Turok said:

lol, apparently Thome did too XD

Haha...yeah, exactly...so easy, even the Caveman thought he wouldn't do it, but unfortunately Thome obviously thought he could!!

He meant in a Minnesota uniform....but hey if you took it thinking he didn't know where he was playing...good for you.

SLICK said:
He meant in a Minnesota uniform....but hey if you took it thinking he didn't know where he was playing...good for you.

What you said was already mentioned and talked about, and Monster said that the way he said it made it really seem like he meant in Minn.

(It helps to read the entire thread before making snooty remarks)

jmakula87 said:
SLICK said:

What you said was already mentioned and talked about, and Monster said that the way he said it made it really seem like he meant in Minn.

I do as I please......now fetch me a coke and ham sandwich.

SLICK said:
jmakula87 said:

As you wish :(

:)

SLICK said:
jmakula87 said:

I'll fetch them.

Bon Appetit!!

:)
28753_h23.jpg

ham-sandwich21.jpg

Back