Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Home and road records this year.

biggunsbob

33-26 at Home this year. Not Nearly as good as last year.

31-31 on the road this year... 29 wins last year..

Can someone break this down for me... I need a medic right now after the debacle I witnessed tonight...

honestly? we're just not that good of a team. the only reason we're in first is because our division is the worst one in baseball. its good to see we're playing .500 on the road since we were so bad at it last year, but there was no way we were going to repeat our home record last year with the team we've got. outside of verlander, miggy, and vmart NOONE on this team is consistent (valverde almost made my list, but he didnt because of his non-save situation troubles) and there are several players on the team/have been on the team that are bench players at BEST that are getting lots of playing time (maggs, raburn, kelly, inge, guillen and his magical glass body).

just my two cents.

I think the play of Avila and Peralta should be recognized they have at times held this team together (even without the help of Miggy and Vmart) even tho they are not as consistent as the latter

staegrac said:
I think the play of Avila and Peralta should be recognized they have at times held this team together (even without the help of Miggy and Vmart) even tho they are not as consistent as the latter
i nearly added them, but theyve both had month-long horrible slumps. they've defninitely been playing great, but just like valverde they've had a significant down spot. theyre in the 2nd tier of consistency for me.

We need JP to break out of his slump soon...I hope it is tonight..

Spockmaster said:
staegrac said:
i nearly added them, but theyve both had month-long horrible slumps. they've defninitely been playing great, but just like valverde they've had a significant down spot. theyre in the 2nd tier of consistency for me.

If Avila was in a slump (July), he seems to be out of it, and he has his Avg. almost back to .300 after dropping under .270 for a while.

Peralta and Boesch seem to be slumping lately.

hopefully they both some out of it because we're going to need them to produce in order to win.

MI_Thumb said:
Spockmaster said:

If Avila was in a slump (July), he seems to be out of it, and he has his Avg. almost back to .300 after dropping under .270 for a while.

Peralta and Boesch seem to be slumping lately.

hopefully they both some out of it because we're going to need them to produce in order to win.
oh yeah, avila is definitely out of his. peralta really needs to snap out of his soon, and boesch's slump has been pretty minor this time i think.

Spockmaster said:
staegrac said:

yea I agree that they, even tho miggy is have sort of a down year he still is a beast and we are in 1st. But for not those 3 you mentioned we prolly not even .500

Back