Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Santorum Pisses Off The Puerto Ricans

lions2011

" Speak english if you want statehood "....... lol

Rick needs to read the constitution.

"Like any other state, there has to be compliance with this and any other federal law," Santorum said. "And that is that English has to be the principal language. There are other states with more than one language such as Hawaii but to be a state of the United States, English has to be the principal language."

However, the U.S. Constitution does not designate an official language, nor is there a requirement that a territory adopt English as its primary language in order to become a state

Puerto Rico is better off without being a state. They get more benefits without it

You would be surprised how many people don't know we have no official language.

Thats 3 times now that this guy has a good day and wins a state hes not supposed to then says something completely and utterly stupid the next day lmao. Dude would be up like 10-15% if he could just shut his damn mouth up.

I think your taking his comments out of context...he said AND that english.....I'm sure MediaMattersNBC twisted the comments on ya slick or was it the huffing and puffing post?

tsmith7559 said:
I think your taking his comments out of context...he said AND that english.....I'm sure MediaMattersNBC twisted the comments on ya slick or was it the huffing and puffing post?

How can that be out of context?

Not sure there is more than one way to interpret him saying they have to speak English if they want potential statehood, which is absolutely not true.

tsmith7559 said:

nope he said English has to be the prinicipal language if they wanted his support to statehood....

also said they should'nt be allowed to vote in Presidential Elections.

Puerto Ricans are still trying to find the "Federal Law" that he stated exists that say's English has to be the primary language for statehood.

I still cant believe this fucktard is receiving votes from breathing organisms. Wake me up when we reach the 18th century post-colonialism

got me to google for polls:

The last statehood vote, or plebiscite, held on Dec. 13, 1998, failed to yield a majority vote on any of the five options: enhanced commonwealth (0.29 percent), statehood (46.4 percent), independence (2.5 percent), free association (0.06 percent) and none of the above (50.3 percent).

Back