Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Do Not Hire Sandra Fluke to Plan a Party

tinselwolverine

or do anything else for you, for that matter.

Apparently she pays 8-10 times over market rate for at least whatever we know she pays for.

Now, that is not nice.

Possibly not much of a party planner, though.

Every women I have asked (including my dear darling bride to be) has told me that it's $30 to $35 a month for birth control pills.

That's uninsured, and not including any subsiidation by Planned Parenthood or any other subsidy for any college student.

Unfortunately the fatass turned the argument to himself, instead of an objective analysis of "$3000 a year? Really? What?"

Also, Councel, there is a legitimate First Amendment Rights question in this regard.

Not that the courts would end up siding with the Catholic employers on the question, but it is a legitimate question.

Not that I'm a lawyer or a judge, or anything.

Again, the fatass turned the discussiion away from any of that.

Not that any of the three stooges deserves any credit for redirecting the discussion away from the fatass and toward that legitimate discussion.

So, you think Birth Control Pills are the only method of contraception you can't get over the counter?

I don't know how much "the shot" or IUD's, or any of the other types cost, but you can't just assume it was the pill.

That is a good question.

Somebody had posted the entirity of her testimony on this board, and none of that came up.

Think I'll look into it tomorrow.

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]That is a good question.

Somebody had posted the entirity of her testimony on this board, and none of that came up.

Think I'll look into it tomorrow.

So in this clip from the Lawrence O'Donnell show, Fluke doesn't claim that she herself has to pay a significantly higher price for contraception than many relatively low cost options available on the market, but some woman who e-mailed her does.

Which seems somewhat inconsistent with what I recall from her testimony, in which, as I recall, she herself claimed that she pays $3000 a year, or $3000 over a period of 3 years - it was a little hard to follow.

So now it's a bit of a mystery.

Sandra Fluke is destined to be a parasite-government-bureaucrat who will live off the efforts of honest working people and she will not be accountable to the same laws and regulations she will be empowered to enforce. Worse, she will know this with certainty and not care in the least.

smayschmouthfootball said:
Sandra Fluke is destined to be a parasite-government-bureaucrat who will live off the efforts of honest working people and she will not be accountable to the same laws and regulations she will be empowered to enforce. Worse, she will know this with certainty and not care in the least.

More likely a parasitic Democratic bureaucrat than a parasitic Republican bureaucrat?

I think Obama was right to call and tell her that her parents should be proud, if for no other reason than for demonstrating that she's accomplishing what she's going to law school for by convincingly presenting a probably rare exception as the norm.

In doing so she not only showed the stuff of a very promising and capable lawyer but actually the possible buddings of a successful politician.

I think that Romney, Santorum and Gingrich should also all call her, and tell her that her parents should be proud of her for that reason as well.

I'll go beyond that - every elected official, and every practicing attorney, should call Ms. Fluke and tell her that her parents should be very, very proud of her for a job well done.

He was a judge, he didnt argue, he just ruled on things, much as I have here

MichChamp02 said:

He practiced law as an attorney for 15 years first.

I looked it up.

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]
MichChamp02 said:

I looked it up.

Not possible, I read he was born out of his mothers vagoo in a robe holding a gavel.

MI_Thumb said:
[quote="TinselWolverine":i8tk3a0i]

I looked it up.

Not possible, I read he was born out of his mothers vagoo in a robe holding a gavel.[/quote:i8tk3a0i]

Well that's not what wikipedia said.

Oliver was shot in the throat and nearly didn't make it out of Antietam alive, so the rest was gravy for him.

smayschmouthfootball said:
Oliver was shot in the throat and nearly didn't make it out of Antietam alive, so the rest was gravy for him.

So...

Should I have gone with Clarence Darrow instead?

Or what about Perry Mason?

Clarence Darrow would've been a good one.

Other well-known attorneys: Melvin Belli (The King of Torts), Johnny Cochrane, F. Lee Bailey, Alan Dershowitz, William Kunstler, Ron Kuby...

fictional: Lionel Hutz

Back