Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tourney Time

greenandwhite95

It's time everybody. Hopeing MSU and the rest of the B1G show up and prove to everybody that they ARE the best this year.

First rd I have all B1G teams winning, even Purdue over S.Marys. Possible matchups I'm looking forward too, UM vs UNC, Purdue vs Kansas, MSU vs Memphis, OSU vs FSU. I'm also eager to see if IU makes a run for Crean, even without VJ.

SO far, Wisky is rolling, -1 for Mastercard Doug.

Go Green, Go B1G ( without sounding to SEC'ish )

Also, cant wait for the Memphis Saint Louis game. Memphis is a scary good team. I have seen 2 of their games. UM at the beginning f the year, where they looked rather meh, and their conference championship game, where they looked like the Lakers. So, we'll see how they do against a good team tomorrow.

First things first, take care of Liberty Brooklyn. They sound like an eager bunch. Gave UNC a REAL good game as a 15 a year ago, and have won their conference in consecutive years. Some are saying...

I would really love to see another UK-IU rematch. Kentucky will want to prove they are the best, but Indiana hung with them and won for a reason - and could do it again.

IU looked fantastic last night. Want to see that rematch too.

Honestly, in watching most of the games, there weren't a lot of teams that looked like they were great. UK and IU looked like the best teams yesterday IMO. Wisky and OSU looked good too, the B1G showed well, but a lot of the other high seeds looked mediocre to me.

I think it is too hard to get a read on higher seeds early. Everyone has their opinions, but you never know how over or under-seeded a team is until the 3rd round or so. If a 4 struggles against a 13, does that mean the 4 is bad or the 13 was a lot better than we thought? We won't know until the 4 plays another higher seeded team, or loses to another lower seeded team.

The B1G acquitted themselves well yesterday, but were also all the higher seeds. We'll learn more next weekend I think.

Go Green. LIU made a game of it early, but was just too worn down by the end. Congrats to Green especially on the triple double.

Thanks are in order to Norfolk for taking out an otherwise dangerous Missouri squad, Lehigh for providing an incredibly entertaining game, and Ohio for showing UM for the frauds they are away from home.

St. Louis is a very good team, offense is kind of like Wisconsin's. Should be a good game, we are only 6 point favorites.

Good to see Mizzou go down, they might have actually been favored against us if we played them in the regional final, so basically we're going to have to get upset by someone not to make the final 4. Lots of good teams left in our region still, Marquettes, Louisville, and New Mexico are all capable of winning the region. St. Louis can beat us too on a given day.

Yesterday could not have gone better for MSU fans.

Ugly ugly win against a team that played more physical than we did. Their defense gave us nothing all game. We played one of our best defensive games of the season and eked out the big win.

Now, on to a totally different style in Louisville, should be able to get out and run a little and get some easy buckets.

Louisville should be an interesting turnaround game. They really aren't much of an offensive squad, but they want to push the pace. They play sound defense, but rely heavily on exploitable zone and full-court schemes. We always tend to be a little turnover prone, which won't be good against the press, but we have a number of shooters and multiple ballhandlers to break the zone.

Honestly, I think a lot of this game may rely on Appling. He looked indecisive and a passive against SLU, despite have a wide open three available every possession. We need him to shoot against the zone with confidence and break it up.

Back