Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

were all fucked...except slick

mhughes0021

If youre bored and want to sit back, relax, and listen to how effed the us is for about 50 minutes:

newamerica3.com

The guy has a wikipedia page

"Stansberry was successfully sued for fraud in 2003 by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission for a "scheme to defraud public investors by disseminating false information in several Internet newsletters""

But if anyone knows anything about off grid power, I am trying to get up to speed on the required components right now and would welcome a good resource. There's plenty online, it's just a matter of sifting the good from the ads.

Red and Guilty said:
But if anyone knows anything about off grid power, I am trying to get up to speed on the required components right now and would welcome a good resource. There's plenty online, it's just a matter of sifting the good from the ads.

Sorry, but I already promised my cold fusion reactor to the Chinese, they promised me they have a jobs plan.

Red and Guilty said:

"Stansberry was successfully sued for fraud in 2003 by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission for a "scheme to defraud public investors by disseminating false information in several Internet newsletters""

im not a fan of this guy at all and basically posted this for guys like tsmith and kawdup....it seems right up their alley with all the doom n gloom they portray.

Buuuut...alot of those things he mentioned in 2003 did come true lol. And he does back up alot of his accusations with some sort of evidence. Not to mention is does make some sort of sense due to our terrible debt problems we cant pay back and that our only way to pay them back right now is to devalue our currency by printing more money. There is a lot of evidence of China moving away from the dollar and into investments in India. No reason the world reserve should be backed by the dollar if things continue to go the way they are.

This whole deal is a sales pitch to make some money with slight political ties it seems since he pokes jabs at Obama. If any of this is true or is going to happen....theres really not much Obama would be able to do to stop it lol. And if thats the case....thats probably why guys like Christie chose not to run. He could know....that were fucked.

Id like to think this whole thing is JUST a sales pitch....buuuut....what moron spends all that money to promote his sales pitch....then gives away what hes trying to sell at the end of the internet presentation before anyone has bought anything yet?! He basically says to:

move your money away from the dollar and into gold

Silver will rebound and a piece of silver you can buy now for $30 should inflate to be worth about $165 in 3-4years

Theres 4 smart locations you can move your money legally where the govt cant see it.

And theres 1 thing that will be very smart to invest in that you are able to and most people dont. (he doesnt list what is it...but i think its livestock since commodities are projected to rise)

Believe him or dont believe him....but what hes talking about and definitely the numbers hes showing/using are some scary stuff.

Red and Guilty said:

When Newt has his colony on the moon you can pay one of those sign flippers off the streets to go to the moon and hold some alluminum foil so sunlight reflects to your home 24 hours a day!

If he's right this time around, screw gold and silver, you'd be better off investing in bullets. They would have both practical and trading value.

mhughes0021 said:
Red and Guilty said:

When Newt has his colony on the moon you can pay one of those sign flippers off the streets to go to the moon and hold some alluminum foil so sunlight reflects to your home 24 hours a day!

Not if I don't figure out how to pick rectifiers, inverters, charge controllers, and batteries.

mhughes0021 said:
Red and Guilty said:

im not a fan of this guy at all and basically posted this for guys like tsmith and kawdup....it seems right up their alley with all the doom n gloom they portray.

Doom and gloom? Sounds like a reasonably ignorant generalization of a conservative. I don't think things are all that rosy, but doom? C'mon don't be an MC02.

. . . but kudos for looking at some of the possibilities. As long as Europe starts an upswing, rather than a complete collapse, things should continue to get better.

I disagree with Obama on many things, but if you mistake my conservatism for one of the blind sheep, think again.

I figured it would be obvious, but my upbringing puts me square on the side of human beings - all of them. I will always come down on the side of what I think is best for human kind. I would NEVER force my beliefs on anyone else, but would usually not give up a chance to speak my mind in an attempt to convince others, not to espouse that I know better than everybody else.

Keep in mind that that is what I think is best, not necessarily you or MC02. I value the family unit above most things, and rail against perceived injustice whenever possible.

That is my philosphy of life in a nutshell. No doom and gloom here.

Things will keep changing, but thing are and will keep getting better, not worse. Yes, there will be economic challenges as we enter an age where certain populations (and eventually the world) have the ability to produce enough for everyone without the labor of everyone. (The invisible hand screws people when everyone's needs are covered and there's no demand.) Even though we don't know how to function under these conditions, we are eventually heading for an age of plenty.

Doesnt look like our debt is going anywhere anytime soon...but atleast his plan doesnt tailspin us to our death like the Bush tax cuts would have.

....Obama's budget would add $6.4 trillion to debt - CBO

By Jeanne Sahadi | CNNMoney.com

Back