Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Grand Haven 54 GPS 53 Final Class A

biggunsbob

Grand Haven 26-1
Grosse Pointe South 23-3

Grand haven is ranked # 1 in the state and I think they will take this game.. By 5-8 points...

GPS up 25-16 at half-time as they are pressing and speeding up the taller Bucs from GH..GPS has a freshman point guard who is fantastic.. Davis for GH better wake up or this game is over. GPS has a huge lead in rebounding verses the taller Bucs 26-11 and they are all over them right now..I do think GH will make a adjustment but with no shot clock in Michigan it may be tough to come back.

44-32 after 3... GH has no answer for the freshman PG S. Rice from GPS right now but Davis just hit a three for GH and maybe they have a run in them. Playing the SF yesterday these girls must all be tired... I am very impressed with GPs and their press.

The tall girl for Grand Haven 6'5 Abby Cole has a full ride to UM for Volleyball...

Great game... 14-0 run by GH got them to within 4 points.. It is 48-42 with 4:35 left... Cole for Gh does have 4 fouls though.

Great finish.. GH was down 12 going into the fourth and made a huge run by going to their big girl Cole, and S. Davis finally stepped up and had a huge fourth... GH took the lead 52-50 with 25+ seconds left but the freshman S. Rice for GPS on a nice set piece was fouled and then made the free throw to make it 53-52. with 17 left Davis went coast to coast and scored with 7 left for the winner 54-53....And then Rice went all the way down and her shot was blocked by Cole... (i thought she may have been fouled but probably a good no call).

Great game...Both teams should be commended.. Great job ladies !!!

GH goes to 27-1
GPS falls to 23-4

Back