Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

"Sin Nombre"

Michchamp

I doubt anyone else has seen this, but it was pretty good. it won a couple prizes at Sundance, but didn't see a wide release in the U.S. it's all in spanish, with english subtitles.

I got it on netflix. it's a Mexican-American film about a member of the Mara Salvatrucha gang trying to flee his past.

pretty intense life. I doubt I would've survived if was born in the slums of Chiapas or Honduras like that. insane.

excellent film. I saw this at sundance thater we have in madison.

Ive been to central America, the poverty is incredible. no matter how much i travel, i can never truly fathom the depth of poverty and this was especially true in my visits to Belize, Honduras and Guatemala.

I was on a bus with mostly Americans about 50 miles outside of Belize city and our collective jaws were agape at the living standards we saw as we passed by this village. The guide, who spent many years in the US, said this was "upper middle class" of Belize, We could not believe there was worse. That was until we crossed over into Guatemala....

Ive been all over the world and it still hits me in the stomach to see how much better we have it. Living in this country is like hitting the frigging jackpot

I love the U.S. --warts and all.

Sundance owns theaters around the country showing mostly indie flicks. Madison had one of the first "franchises" I think.

It has a restaurant/bar and you are assigned seats. It's different

Back