Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Phins going with Garrard

cheeno

Didn't they already try this with Cpep?

from hopeful to get Manning to Garrard in less than a week. WOuld suck to be a phin fan. 5 more years of Brady pwning you and now Buffalo beats you 7/10 times.

As long as he's being signed to compete for the job with a rookie, I'm fine with it. Would have loved Manning, but I can't get too pissed he wanted to play somewhere else. This is much better than dumping a bunch of money on Smith's lap, or trading for Tebow. I'm not thrilled with the QB prospects after Luck and Griffin, but it's worth a shot.

I really don't see what this signing or losing Manning has to do with the next 5 to 10 years though.

mhughes0021 said:
from hopeful to get Manning to Garrard in less than a week. WOuld suck to be a phin fan. 5 more years of Brady pwning you and now Buffalo beats you 7/10 times.

Better than tebow..

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
mhughes0021 said:

Better than tebow..

Worse than Moore.

cheeno said:
[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]

Better than tebow..

Worse than Moore.

Maybe, but who cares? Neither is a long term answer and neither is signed beyond next year. At least they didn't lock themselves into some BS.

DR said:
cheeno said:
Worse than Moore.

Maybe, but who cares? Neither is a long term answer and neither is signed beyond next year. At least they didn't lock themselves into some BS.

If I was a phins fan I would be doing backflips that they didn't sign Alex Smith to some ridiculous contract.

Exactly. Once Manning turned Miami down there was no magic bullet. Trying to force the issue after that would have only hurt themselves.

I hope they draft barron. Their safeties have been garbage for years. A right tackle or guard wouldn't hurt either.

I was a fan of Bell, but his age has caught up with him. Did you see he got cut?

DR said:
I was a fan of Bell, but his age has caught up with him. Did you see he got cut?

Yeah I saw that. Idk what that d will look like next season. Could be a Mess moving to the 4-3.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
DR said:

Yeah I saw that. Idk what that d will look like next season. Could be a Mess moving to the 4-3.

I like the move, but you're right, the transition will probably be rough. Not that he wasn't essentially a DE last year, but the move should suit Wake.

DR said:
[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]

I like the move, but you're right, the transition will probably be rough. Not that he wasn't essentially a DE last year, but the move should suit Wake.

Wake is Avril. Wake will struggle against the run in a 4-3.

cheeno said:
DR said:

We'll see. I only saw a few games from last year, but he did better against the run in 2010 than he was given credit for.

cheeno said:
DR said:

Avril is a poor mans Cameron Wake.

Last 3 years:

Tackles Sacks FF Int TD
Avril 110 25.5 10 1 2
Wake 122 28.0 4 0 0

Last year:

Tackles Sacks FF Int TD
Avril 36 11 6 1 2
Wake 42 8.5 0 0 0

Get a build with that weak Avril hate. Wake played in the CFL where you run maybe 10-15 times a game, and then played in a 3-4 where his only responsibility was to rush the passer. You think Avril over-ran plays watch Wake next year.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]Good thing you're basing you're whole argument on stats and stats alone.

Obviously there is some homerism,
shocked.gif
shocker but head to head they actually are comparable. Btw I have always liked Wake since way back in his BC Lions days (yeah I follow the CFL :-[) And I grew up in Coconut Creek so the Phins are in my DNA, even though I an a Lions fan through and through.

cheeno said:
[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]Good thing you're basing you're whole argument on stats and stats alone.

shocked.gif
shocker but head to head they actually are comparable. Btw I have always liked Wake since way back in his BC Lions days (yeah I follow the CFL :-[) And I grew up in Coconut Creek so the Phins are in my DNA, even though I an a Lions fan through and through.

You mean to tell me if Wake had Suh, Fairely, C Williams, SLH and KVB around him he wouldn't put up ungodly numbers? He has very little help in Miami and still gets his. Something Avril could never do.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
cheeno said:
shocked.gif

You mean to tell me if Wake had Suh, Fairely, C Williams, SLH and KVB around him he wouldn't put up ungodly numbers? He has very little help in Miami and still gets his. Something Avril could never do.

Cam would rip it with the Lions, but the Lions have Avril and they are in the same area code so I think they should keep him. The Phins also had a secondary that could at least attempt coverage up until this past year, a luxury Cliff never had and a 3-4 D specifically designed to free up Cam 1 on 1, even if he still draws doubles because he's the most talented guy on their line.

Back