Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

at this rate

zyxt9

The 100 pt steak is in jeopardy and even the playoffs are looking sketchy

Still I find solace in how the NY Giants ended their season and managed to win the SB...maybe similar thing can happen for the Wings as they have the talent if everyone gets back to playing.

I think we are a lock for the playoffs being 10 points ahead of the teams chasing the 8th spot... We could lose every game and still make the 8th seed. But I see your point we are playing terrible and I know we are injured but that is no excuse for starting games slow...At this point if we are not going to get the 4th spot i would prefer to fall to the 6th spot and get Dallas. But you can't do that or you might end up with the Shark's who seem to have no problem with us in the post season.. we just need to get everyone back.... Fucking losing Helm really hurts....

Helm is a favorite for many reasons. I actually put him being out on par with Zett being out considering what he brings to the team. Might not get same points or be equal in many ways to Zett, he still brings an energy and speed that improves those around him, and the PK def needs those attributes.

What I find extremely concerning is probability that these injuries won't be healed much if at all come playoffs, and this year has the given me the impression the playoffs are going to be nastier than usual with how tight this division has been all year and possibly facing multiple teams within it who really know how to work each other over pretty well. If one of them makes it to Cup Finals, they might not have much left in the tank to win it.

Better this lull happen now than in two weeks. Not that is it optimal to any degree. Gaps like this cannot be easily filled because you are robbing Peter to pay Paul. The gap does not go away.

The good news is that lower seeded teams have made runs recently, so the key is to get it together before the playoffs and then hope for the best.

Helm is a big loss, but not really comparable to Zetterberg, in my opinion.

Back