Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Valenti lost his mind

dubbsco

They just went through the schedule, game by game, by each coach. He said Rich Rod would go 9-3, and Hoke will go 5-7. WOW.

I just caught a little bit before they went to break. I can't believe what a homerish bafoon that guy is. Worst part is Terry (who I've met, yeah I know, who hasn't) just sits by and lets Mike go nuts. It's like damn man, step up and defend us once in a while.

All of a sudden, the guys he bags on (Woolfolk, Floyd) on defense are suddenly great players under RR according to Mike.

The thing I hate about Valenti is that for some things I really agree with him. But when it comes to this Michigan v MSU stuff he's just as much of a homer as you and I, except he's got a pretty big radio show to broadcast his opinion to the masses with filtered opposition to those comments (which makes them even worse that no one can really respond).

I truly don't think RR would have won 9 games this year. I think we'd still be looking at 7 or 8 because he would have never, and I mean never, produced a decent defense at Michigan. and even with one of the best offenses that he's ever had anywhere he's ever coached - he still couldn't win in the big ten. Defense wins games.

I'd say the worst case scenario for Hoke is a 6 win season. And while I think it's possible that could happen - only a homer like Valenti would predict it. That would be like me predicting a 10 or 11 win season which I think is Hoke's best case scenario.

Yeah, he is saying the offense would have been unstoppable, and the defense would have been average. Sadly, the offense was vastly overrated, and the defense was the worst three in Michigan history.

sounds like Valenti is SUCCESSFULLY trolling you guys.

again.

There's nothing to talk about. Just found it wacky. Plus, if he's a troll, he's got an entire state to troll, because it's a pretty popular show.

Its all about the ratings. As soon as he makes these type of outrageous claims the phone boards light up. Agreed with the troll comment. He does it just to get a rise out of the listeners. Remember back this past season when Michigan beat state in hoops? Yep, he took the next day off work to avoid the bashing he was sure to take. Terry said he was out with the "blue flu".

So he's like a radio troll. I didn't know trolls spanned through different mediums.

I predict that RR might've reached 8 wins. I am predicting 8 wins for Brady Hoke. I am thinking that we would've had a circus affair every single week in the media if RR were the coach. I am thinking that is not going to happen with Hoke as the coach. At this point, even though he hasn't coached the team to a single win yet, the future after this season, seems to be in better shape than it would've been if RR were still the coach...

but for short, who gives a fuck?

Regardless of win totals RR had to go for the long term success of the program. Hoke's recruiting and message throughout the program has proven he was the right choice. And If Valente is right I would sacrafice a few this year for long term championship competitive teams.

Just something to talk about, I get really bored at work lol

dubbsco said:
Just something to talk about, I get really bored at work lol

I know, just fucking with you...it is something to talk about, but at the same time, I don't really give a shit about Valenti. He used to irritate me, but now I just group him with all of the others in the media that are dipshits, sharp, valenti, that msu lackey in the mornings Staudt...etc etc etc

MAIZEandBLUE09 said:
The thing I hate about Valenti is that for some things I really agree with him. But when it comes to this Michigan v MSU stuff he's just as much of a homer as you and I, except he's got a pretty big radio show to broadcast his opinion to the masses with filtered opposition to those comments (which makes them even worse that no one can really respond).

I truly don't think RR would have won 9 games this year. I think we'd still be looking at 7 or 8 because he would have never, and I mean never, produced a decent defense at Michigan. and even with one of the best offenses that he's ever had anywhere he's ever coached - he still couldn't win in the big ten. Defense wins games.

I'd say the worst case scenario for Hoke is a 6 win season. And while I think it's possible that could happen - only a homer like Valenti would predict it. That would be like me predicting a 10 or 11 win season which I think is Hoke's best case scenario.

This entire post is right on.....my feelings about Valenti and Hoke/Michigan's season are exactly the same.

Valenti is good radio and I almost always find myself agreeing with him on a wide range of topics, but his opinions when it comes to Michigan shows a lack of journalistic training and/or professionalism. He allows his hatred of Michigan to skew his objectiveness. Which isn't always the case when it comes to other radio host with similar conflict of intrests. Valenti on the other hand just comes off sounding like just another sparty homer who hates Michigan.

Talk radio and ESPN programming is basically trolling at this point. Skip Bayless makes some outlandish remark or this local hack says John Elway was overrated and everyone gets all in a huff and calls in.....

Nice to hear Mike going off on someone other than Michigan today. As the fat black chick in Beerfest would say...Miami, you're FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKED!

Back