Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Sweet 16 vs Louisville

JScottWriter

The game is about a half-hour away. I don't like when MSU plays teams that press but I think they will be able to pull it off. Go Green!

The bigs played horrible and I am not sure Appling can be a great pg. The season was way more successful than I predicted. I think if they can learn to play without Draymond this team will be very successful next year.

Awful

We picked a terrible game to play awful in. Oh well, it was a great and exciting season that exceeded most Spartan fans' expectations.

Louisville had a great game plan and we never solved their zone. Their press wasn't too tough except for it had the effect of slowing our offense way down, this hurt us when we were trying to play catchup late in the game. Pitino had a great game plan.

Draymond Green had 16 rebounds to pass Greg Kelser as the All Time rebounding leader in school history.

Next years team will be much more athletic, can't wait to see Harris, Dawson, and Payne's highlight reel dunks all season next year!

The only time the press hurt MSU was about mid way through the 2nd half when MSU had a couple of turnovers in a row. MSU never tried breaking it either, that would just let Appling slowy bring it up which cut into the play clock. I don't think MSU has enough ballhandlers too do much about that though. The Spartans couldn't do anything inside and just didn't make enough shots to win. They passed my expectations, I actually thought before the season that they would have been an 8-9 seed. I am excited about next year, the only big losses are Green, Wood, and maybe Thorton.

Back