Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

How good is the view from

A classic HSM thread would have said:

How good is the view from

the bottom of the conference where you guys finished last year?

LOL GBIA I thought the same thing. Sec 33 is in the end zone. I have sat there before they arent to bad except when the action is on the other side of the field.

Sometimes when you're in the end zone you have trouble seeing the other side of the field if you're too low. You....you won't have that problem!

I've sat in seats from most angles in the big house (outside of the new suites) and I've never thought the view was terrible from any of them. In fact some of the more obstructed views come from sitting close to the field and having the camera lift always in your viewing angle as it follows the team down the field. The only gripe from sitting on one extreme or another is that seeing exactly what is going on when the team is in the opposite end zone can become troublesome because you can't see where the ball is...however...with the new scoreboards I would imagine that problem would go away.

On the plus side, the very tippy top row, which I think is row 88, has this wonderful space behind it where there's an isle but no seat. So you have a great place to store your drinks, coats, whatever or you can stand up there and lean up against the back wall and get a nice breeze over the top of the stadium.

MAIZEandBLUE09 said:
I've sat in seats from most angles in the big house (outside of the new suites) and I've never thought the view was terrible from any of them. In fact some of the more obstructed views come from sitting close to the field and having the camera lift always in your viewing angle as it follows the team down the field. The only gripe from sitting on one extreme or another is that seeing exactly what is going on when the team is in the opposite end zone can become troublesome because you can't see where the ball is...however...with the new scoreboards I would imagine that problem would go away.

On the plus side, the very tippy top row, which I think is row 88, has this wonderful space behind it where there's an isle but no seat. So you have a great place to store your drinks, coats, whatever or you can stand up there and lean up against the back wall and get a nice breeze over the top of the stadium.

I sat in the corner at the very top row last year for the Uconn game and actually liked it. (Other than the fact that it was cold as hell and the wind was whipping over the top)

MAIZEandBLUE09 said:

I think the very top row is 96, but I could be wrong. Maybe i'll move around if I can't see the opposite end very well...but, like the others said, the new scoreboards should fix that.

Back