Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Elite Eight Picks

Good call on the new thread!

I'm leaning O$U and Louisville today.

Not gonna pull the trigger quite yet as I want to look into these matchups a little deeper first. Thoughts?

I'm actually liking both dogs today. And I hope 'Cuse realizes that they're not favored. Although I don't know who will stop Sullinger...Christmas will have to have a big game. I don't think there'll be a more dynamic player on the floor than Waiters though. It's going to be an interesting match up.

I took OSU ML instead of laying the points, odds weren't too bad and I expect a close game so id rather not lay the 3. Also took Louisville +1 and will take Louisville ML but my book doesn't have the number up yet.

Rooting for an OSU win by 2 or less! Good luck today.

Good win brother! I ended up taking the over in addition to Louisville.

'Cuse is still my play tonight, probably not touching the total at all...

Good luck tonight!

Okay....so I took the over too...couldn't resist.

Tough loss by Syracuse yesterday Elrod, thought for sure they were gonna get the cover.

Today ive got:

Kentucky -8
Heels +1.5

Good luck!

Yeah they were damn close...looks like you could've laid the points, but either way you were a winner....

I've got Baylor +8 and over 148.

Not sure which way I'm going on the other game...

Good luck to you too!

UNC over 142
UNC +2

Probably going to go with the Big Grizz of Oakland tonight too...

Heels really let it get away from them there at the end... 1-1 on the day, 3-1 on the weekend. Not too shabby.

Thoughts on Pitt tonight Elrod? Looks like they went from 1 point dogs to 1 point faves, that line stayed at +1 with public hammering Pitt for a long while though.

I dunno, Pitt seems like too easy of a play here.

I'm all about Pitt tonight kg. Perhaps it's my heart clouding my vision, but they're finally playing basketball the way they should have been all season. To me it seems like one of those plays that is easy for no other reason than it actually is. Biggest concern to me is time zone, I think that's really the only thing that could slow Pitt down, but I fully expect a two game sweep from Pitt.

I went back and forth a few times and finally settled. I'm against ya tonight, got Wash. St. +2.5. At least one of us wins though, good luck!

I actually kinda hope you're right and I learn a lesson here lol.

Also got some NHL plays:

Wings -1.5 PL
Flames -115

Parlayed both as well.

Haven't bet too much hockey but I made some dough over the weekend playing poker so I figured I might as well give it a go. Wrong thread but didn't wanna create a new one just for that.

Well if Pitt wins by 2 we'll actually both be winners...

Over 132 looking good for now...

Nice win kg! It came down to free throws and one, Pitt didn't hit theirs and two I really didn't think Wazzu would get to the line as much as they did. Pitt had a chance at the end to make us both happy, but it wasn't meant to be...

Thanks! been on a nice little roll here, 7-1 since Saturday and hit that NHL parlay last night.

Thinking of rolling with UMass and Minnesota tonight. Haven't pulled the trigger yet though.

I like both of those...since I've been muddling through at around 50% lately one of them is sure to hit and one is sure to bomb :)

I also like the UMass over. In fact the totals have been my saving grace as of late...

Agree on the UMass over, only thing giving me pause there is that its at MSG. The sight lines there are notorious for giving players who aren't familiar with that arena fits, and with the over at 150 a slow start could really screw that bet. I'm at work and don't have the time to find the #'s but I'm fairly confident unders hit substantially more there than what is average in the college game.

I'm not overly concerned, but its something I'm gonna keep in mind. I'm leaning towards playing the over as well though.

Looking at it a bit further, Stanford had played 2 games at MSG this season. They averaged 72.5 games in these 2 games so they are familiar with the venue and UMass is the 2nd fastest paced team in the country. Over is probably a good play!

Back