Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

I was playing Mlb 11 last night.....

bavarianinnman

And i simmed the year and the Tigers won 103 games and got into the playoffs with the wildcard spot.

Cleveland won the division with 109 win season.

I picked up Thome to be our DH. and he hit .300 with 56 hr and 123 rbi.

I lost in 3 straight games in the first round to texas lol figure.

Cant believe how crazy that game is.

Was going to look into buying a baseball game for the ps3. Is MLB the show 11 or MLB 2k11 better???

Crazy but awesome. Nothing better than Road to the Show :) Best baseball game in a long long time.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Crazy but awesome. Nothing better than Road to the Show :) Best baseball game in a long long time.

have you tried it with move? any good?

mhughes0021 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Crazy but awesome. Nothing better than Road to the Show :) Best baseball game in a long long time.

have you tried it with move? any good?

I haven't because when I tried it with Tigers Woods it was a disaster :) .

I tried 2k 4-5 years ago and hated it. MLB the Show just seems more real.

I bought a Ps3 last december just to play MLB the show 10. I was tired of 2k baseball games.

Road to the show is freaken sweet. Mlb 11 the show the roster is updated its seems weekly by the game itself no searching for upodated roster.

I haven't had the chance to play The Show ever, but PC 2K isn't too bad. There are enough modders out there to make some much needed changes to the game. Haven't had the chance to play this years though.

2k basketball=good...2k football or baseball games were all bad. MLB the show is the best baseball game since MVP.

Beez said:
2k basketball=good...2k football or baseball games were all bad. MLB the show is the best baseball game since MVP.

Ah 2k basketball is great! Spent many hours playing that game haha.

the show is awesome, the only reason i dont have '11 anymore is cuz i traded it for twilight princess when nintendo finally released the $20 version.

i had a lefty starter with a 4-seamer, circle change, slider, and 12-6 curve. he dominated. i just played '08 a lot and even though '11 was a LOT better, i got bored of it a lot quicker because it was the same game with a few improvements. i still highly recommend it though if you want a ps3 baseball game.

Spockmaster said:
the show is awesome, the only reason i dont have '11 anymore is cuz i traded it for twilight princess when nintendo finally released the $20 version.

i had a lefty starter with a 4-seamer, circle change, slider, and 12-6 curve. he dominated. i just played '08 a lot and even though '11 was a LOT better, i got bored of it a lot quicker because it was the same game with a few improvements. i still highly recommend it though if you want a ps3 baseball game.

That's why you create yourself an IF or OF. Change the game up a bit.

well i did, but hitting always annoyed me. the most fun i had with a hitter was a first baseman who ended up setting a multitude of offensive records. i think i had like 40 homers at the ASB one season...

Hitter can be frustrating for me too. If I can finish a season about. 265 I'm happy but when you get some big hits its awesome.

Beez said:
I play a lot of franchise now.

Yeah, I like to mix it up between Franchise and My Player, or whatever you want to call it.

It's nice talking about video games and sports on here haha. I like the combination of both worlds.

Haven't played anything too new recently. Waiting for some of those bigger named titles to make their way to the shelves, especially Mass Effect 3 in 7 or so months.

Sorry, not trying to turn this into a video game board haha.

jmakula87 said:
Beez said:
I play a lot of franchise now.

Yeah, I like to mix it up between Franchise and My Player, or whatever you want to call it.

It's nice talking about video games and sports on here haha. I like the combination of both worlds.

Haven't played anything too new recently. Waiting for some of those bigger named titles to make their way to the shelves, especially Mass Effect 3 in 7 or so months.

I'm pretty much an all sports title guy. The Show, Madden, NCAA, I liked NCAA baseball when they had it, Tiger Woods...occasionally I play COD but mostly my gf plays it..shes an absolute monster in that game and I suck.

Beez said:
jmakula87 said:

I'm pretty much an all sports title guy. The Show, Madden, NCAA, I liked NCAA baseball when they had it, Tiger Woods...occasionally I play COD but mostly my gf plays it..shes an absolute monster in that game and I suck.

Haha, that is pretty awesome about your lady. Yeah, I guess I mostly play sports games and I guess strategy/rpgs. I'm a definite nerd, but fortunately my background in sports helped me trick my popular friends into the world of nerdiness.

jmakula87 said:
Beez said:

Haha, that is pretty awesome about your lady. Yeah, I guess I mostly play sports games and I guess strategy/rpgs. I'm a definite nerd, but fortunately my background in sports helped me trick my popular friends into the world of nerdiness.

Yeah I got lucky, she's a certified model, goes to school for nursing, is a wonderful mom, loves sports, is a good cook, and loves video games. Her only downfall is that she can be a bit jealous , likes OSU if she had to pick a college team and worships the Steelers. I knew it was too good to be true.

.Nothing wrong with playing video games..its what guys do. I wish I could play games as much as I did but having a baby changes that drastically. Mom and him always have the TV. lol.

Back