Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Gingrich needs money

grandy

Guess he's delusional enough to think he still has a chance.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/27/gingrich-campaign-charges-50-for-photos/

Gingrich campaign charges $50 for photos
Posted by
CNN Political Unit

(CNN) ? Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich?s campaign tacked on a new fundraising effort Monday, charging supporters $50 a pop for anyone who wants a photo with the former House speaker.

?Some campaigns make you travel all the way to Wall Street to pay $2,500 for a photo with a candidate,? campaign spokesman R.C. Hammond said in a statement. ?We chose to do it differently and ask our supporters for a nominal donation.?

Gingrich campaigned in Delaware on Monday, continuing his march to collect more delegates in the Republican presidential nominating contest. The state holds its primary on April 24.

The new photo charge comes one week after numbers released by the campaign showed the candidate spent about $200,000 more in February than he raised, and carries about as much debt as cash on hand.

His fundraising haul of $2.6 million for the month marked a big drop from January, when he took in $5.6 million.

?We also have an online store where supporters can buy hats, shirts and even a bandana for your dog,? Hammond said.

don't be fooled. the money is to pay off his account with Tiffany's.

It's not delusion. The longer that more Republican candidates are in the race, the less time that Obama has to focus on any one of them.

It's not delusion. The longer that more Republican candidates are in the race, the less time that Obama has to focus on any one of them.

Obamas campaign has been focused on Romney for months.

Gingrich needs money? Guess sheldon adelson pulled the plug on his sure loser of a campaign

I heard Romney's gonna send his whole family to each pose with Newt, to keep Newt in and splitting the conservative vote with Santorum.

Newt drained his campaign coffers by spending it on Moon Pie's and RC Cola.

Newt drained his campaign coffers by spending it on Moon Pie's and RC Cola.

I didn't know "moon pie and RC Cola" was a thing, but apparently it is.

I drank RC Cola once: when I first moved to Chicago and didn't have a job yet... there was a cheap pizza place nearby that would include a 2-liter of RC Cola with a x-large pizza for $9 or something.

after trying it, I decided I wasn't THAT poor, and could still afford to drink regular Coca Cola. I still like RC better than Pepsi though.

I'm gonna beat Newt's offer anyway...send me a pic of yourself and I'll photoshop a cutout of Cartman onto it. 20 bucks. I'll throw in a moon setting background for an extra 3 bucks.

Last edited:
Newt's cutting his staff now to preserve money.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/artic...28/bloomberg_articlesM1LHGK6K50ZA01-M1LP4.DTL

March 28 (Bloomberg) -- Newt Gingrich is reorganizing his presidential campaign, cutting staff and scaling back his schedule following a series of losses in Republican primary contests and a shortage of funds for his candidacy.

The former U.S. House speaker from Georgia is remaining in the race, though cutting one-third of his staff, including campaign manager Michael Krull, he acknowledged in a radio interview this morning.

"We're staying in, that's exactly why we're downsizing," Gingrich said on WTOP, a Washington radio station. "We're doing the appropriate things to be able to campaign."

Rather than attempt to surpass front-runner Mitt Romney in the count of delegates needed to win nomination, Gingrich's campaign has adopted a strategy of preventing the former Massachusetts governor from reaching the required 1,144 delegates and then forcing a fight at the party's convention in August.

Gingrich's campaign is returning to last summer's staffing level that followed the June 9 departures of his top senior advisers and his entire Iowa team, according to an aide who spoke on condition of anonymity about internal matters.

That group resignation resulted from discord over campaign strategy, the role of Gingrich's wife, Callista, in the campaign, and financial problems at the time, aides said then.

Of the 32 contests so far, Gingrich has won only two: South Carolina's primary on Jan. 23 and Georgia's on March 6. Earlier this week, he canceled a campaign trip to North Carolina.

After winning the March 20 Illinois primary by 12 percentage points, Romney has 568 delegates, according to an Associated Press tally. Former Pennsylvania Senator Rick Santorum is next with 273, followed by Gingrich with 135 and U.S. Representative Ron Paul of Texas with 50.

Gingrich reported that his campaign was more than $1.5 million in debt at the end of February, according to Federal Election Commission filings. He also listed almost $1.5 million cash on hand, less than any of his Republican rivals.

The Wall Street Journal, Politico and other media reported Gingrich's campaign adjustments before his WTOP interview.

Back