Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ill Ex-Piston/Bull Rodman trying to "Worm" his way out of spousal/child support

turok

Ill Ex-Piston/Bull Rodman trying to "Worm" his way out of spousal/child support

"Dennis Rodman is "extremely sick" and "broke," which prevents him from being current on child and spousal support payments, court documents obtained by the Chicago Tribune say.

Rodman, 51, owes more than $800,000 in back child support for two children he had with his third wife, Michelle Rodman, her attorney said in court documents. He also owes more than $51,000 in spousal support, Jack Kayajanian claims.

Rodman must appear in court in Orange County, Calif., and faces 20 days in jail for not paying, according to the documents."

Dennis Rodman in Support Battle

Ran into Dennis once, late one night when I had stopped @ a local donut shop to get a cup of coffee and a donut to eat, while on my way to work the graveyard shift, back in '92 while he was still a Piston.

The waitress who filled my order at the counter, knew who he was, and was obviously very distracted by him, I didn't know that he came in and was standing behind me at the time, so when I turned to leave, I then noticed and recognized him, but did not say anything, and just left the store. I am 6' 5" tall, and Rodman seemed to me to be just slightly taller than me, and not his NBA-listed 6' 7". His pimped-out white corvette was in the parking lot, and I still wondered how he managed to fit himself into its pretty cramped two-seater interior.

This happens to athletes all the time. Bad part for Dennis is that his ex-wife divorced him when he was near retirement. So the alimony and child support payments went off what he was making then, two years later he makes nearly nothing but has to pay the same amount. Messed up.

Back