Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Keep Talking Mitt

Slick

so Mittens puts his foot in his mouth again......playing it up for Wisconsin voters today Mittens recalled a "funny" story about his Dddy closing a Michigan factory and moving it to Wisconsin.

One of [the] most humorous I think relates to my father. You may remember my father, George Romney, was president of an automobile company called American Motors. ... They had a factory in Michigan, and they had a factory in Kenosha, Wisconsin, and another one in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. And as the president of the company he decided to close the factory in Michigan and move all the production to Wisconsin. Now later he decided to run for governor of Michigan and so you can imagine that having closed the factory and moved all the production to Wisconsin was a very sensitive issue to him, for his campaign.

4,800 Michigan residents lost their jobs

lol the man will say anything to win. It just depends on where he is. The Davy Crockett song was probably the best...IMO.

lol the man will say anything to win. It just depends on where he is. The Davy Crockett song was probably the best...IMO.

hey now. neither Mitt, nor his dad, need to apologize for their success. they are real Americans.

Good god, Romney has been putting his foot in his mouth for a while.

in 2004 he attacked John Kerry for being wealthy, of all things... http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...for-his-wealth-video-20120329,0,4468388.story

Quote:
"There?s a senator from my state, you may have heard, that wants to get elected president," Romney said, according to a videotape unearthed by Buzzfeed?s Andrew Kaczynski. "And I don?t know why he wants to do that because, of course, if he won, he?d have to move into a smaller house."
The clip has emerged as Romney plans a massive remodel of his La Jolla, Calif. mansion, a beach home currently valued at around $12 million.

Mitt should stop talking until the convention....his appearance on Leno was a clusterfuck...when pressed by Leno on what he would do about covering Americans with pre existing conditions if Obamas healthcare law was repealed or declared unconstitutional...Mittens didn't have an answer.

He'd actually improve his chances if he kept his mouth shut til November. Then they can shake the etch-a-sketch up and make him a moderate again.

Last edited:
Mittens landed the coveted endorsement from Dubya's dad.

At least, I think it was coveted?

Sure fire way to win the election(for Obama), let people know GWB's dad thinks you're the right guy.

Edit: yeah, I read it wrong and just assumed.

Last edited:
Back