Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Disgusting game at columbus

biggunsbob

If I was Mike i would break the fucking blackboard.. Down 4-1 to Columbus after two periods is a joke... I know our goalie sucks but most of the problem is lack of effort and positioning by our defense... This team looks so terrible right now its not even funny... The jackets have a rookie in net and yet we don't put any pressure on him... We better come back and tie this game and win it in OT.... Fuck i am going to break something...

Not a very "Stanley Cup-like" team this season, if they can't even maintain a .500 record on the road, but all they need to do is to become and remain hot in the playoffs, w/ Howard soon returning in net...Playoffs-jaded Red Wings fans tend to give the regular season a blase and jaundiced eye anyway, and I vividly remember their "presidential-cupful" NHL record-breaking 62-win season '95-'96, but even that dominant team still went Stanley Cup-less, losing to the newly moved from Quebec and renamed Colorado Avalanche in 6 in the CF, and despite setting that still-unbroken record.

Last edited:
I think that lowering expectations for the playoffs among us fans will save us later anguish. And, should the Wings win the SC, well...

Tough one to watch. The Wings might be too comfortable, which is surprising. Two straight second round exits in the playoffs should make a team hungry, not comfortable.

If we can can just get this cup we can get the triple this year.... NHL,MLB, and then we cap it off with a Stafford to Megaton TD pass with 23 seconds left for the NFL Superbowl titl....

this team flat out sucks on the road.

no chance at winning a cup unless they can start playing with the same intensity they bring at home.

Back