Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

What to make of our Pistons

everyoneneedsasmil

I'm honestly becoming very confused by what I'm seeing. Monroe is a stud, Stuckey is actually living up his contract, and Knight is showing promise with a lot of poor shooting. Gordon is sometimes a scoring machine, sometimes I can't even tell he's on the court. Maxiell will randomly have a renaissance game that reminds you of the potential he showed years ago, and sometimes barely play.

We have 18 wins, which isn't good, but is surprisingly competitive in the East. Our average scoring margin is -5.6, good for 4th worst in the league, but we are 8th from last in the standings. Winning can help breed a culture of winning, but we are playing our way out of a top pick. I can't tell whether I want our guys to win or lose anymore. I can't tell if they are really talented but still raw, or if they just aren't very good and keep things close with a snail's pace.

How do other Piston fans feel? Are you pleased with the team, for whatever reasons you have, or disappointed?

Monroe looks great and I think he will start to average 20/10 soon. Stuckey the last 6 weeks or so has been great, wierd. Knight looks good, but I want to see more assists per game.

I love what the future looks like. Mr. Dumars built our most recent Championship teams with B+ players at the time he signed them. Rip, Chauncey, and Ben were all good when they came to Detroit, but became great....as a unit. We got their best years and then age (injury) and money blew the wheels off the cart. The difference this time around is that our core is young. Their best years are still ahead. AND they are still reasonably priced.

If you look at the playoff teams in the East right now, 3 (Atlanta, Philly, Indiana) of the 8 do not have a bona fide superstar (like Rose, James, Wade, Anthony, Howard, Pierce) let alone multiple super stars. I certainly don't want to be considered underdogs that climb a little further up the ladder every year, but never win it all. However, given the fact that financial constraints dictate the construction of a team these days, adding Tier 2 free agents (and not grossly overpaying--CV, BG, TP) together with a little luck in the draft can bring great things.

The real question, to me, concerns Lawrence Frank's ability to do what Larry Brown did.

Back