Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OTT : Jamie Moyer "old man river"

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
Off Tigers Topic

http://espn.go.com/mlb/spring2012/s...-moyer-49-gets-spot-rockies-starting-rotation
49 year old Jamie Moyer in Rockies rotation.
from espn

Moyer, entering his 25th major league season, posted a 2.77 ERA this spring and beat out 22-year-old Tyler Chatwood and 28-year-old ex-Tigers farmhand Guillermo Moscoso for a rotation spot.
Moyer missed the 2011 season after undergoing Tommy John surgery. By returning to the majors, he will be the active leader in victories (267), innings (4,020) and starts (628). In his last season, he went 9-9 with a 4.84 ERA with the Philadelphia Phillies in 2010.
Moyer has a career record of 267-204 with a 4.24 ERA. He was an All-Star in 2003 with the Seattle Mariners, and he made his major league debut on June 16, 1986, with the Chicago Cubs.

http://www.highheatstats.com/2012/03/jamie-moyers-gonna-break-a-lot-of-records/
Jamie Moyer?s gonna break a lot of records.
from highheatstats

LOL don't anyone tell Mikenbg at ESPN tigers boards that Moscoso got beat out by old man river.

Because, we all know Moscoso, Casper Wells, and Charlie Furbush were 1st ballot HOF'ers the Tigers traded away for garbage.

LOL don't anyone tell Mikenbg at ESPN tigers boards that Moscoso got beat out by old man river.

Because, we all know Moscoso, Casper Wells, and Charlie Furbush were 1st ballot HOF'ers the Tigers traded away for garbage.

I was over there looking, and sbee dropped a little bomb about it... Maybe sbee looked over here as a guest and then posted, idk
I called him Guillermo Moscsucko last year, sergio/alpert aka mikenbig got upset.
Mikendung was nuthugging all over Raburn up to about 10 days ago with the homeruns, now not a peep that he has gone 2 for 22 since last homer March 20 iirc.
He was over the athletics and mariners boards telling them about the future Cy Young and MVP with moscoso and wells.
such a strange person.

He wasn't the only thinking that. I hope he pitches beyond 50 and gets to 300 wins.

And what happened to Scott Sizemore, I notice he didn't play in Oakland early games.

another ex-Tiger Jeff larish was just released by the orioles.

Ryan Perry was optioned by the Nationals, too. #hopethisisnewstothisboard

Ryan Perry was optioned by the Nationals, too. #hopethisisnewstothisboard

Do you expect Collin Balester to survive Detroit's 25-man roster for the entire 2012 season?
I do not!
Not saying he will be demoted. Just expecting to see him traded by July 31st.
Our minor league ladder system insists on it.

Back