Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Avila

boogerlovejoy

Wish someone had brought over Chicas "trade Avila" thread.

That guy is fuckin brilliant. AA has one bad month, nevermind he was the AL's starter in the ASG, and he wants to dump him.

Yeah, why would we want to keep a LH hitting catcher that has the respect of everyone he catches, is a legit .290 hitter that walks, has 20+ HR power, and hits lefties well??

Has Chica ever even watched baseball??

She's a girl...the ball is different, you can steal whenevr you want and people spit tobacco...

boogerlovejoy said:
Wish someone had brought over Chicas "trade Avila" thread.

That guy is fuckin brilliant. AA has one bad month, nevermind he was the AL's starter in the ASG, and he wants to dump him.

Yeah, why would we want to keep a LH hitting catcher that has the respect of everyone he catches, is a legit .290 hitter that walks, has 20+ HR power, and hits lefties well??

Has Chica ever even watched baseball??

http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?&tid=8784450&rls=Detroit+Tigers
Is this the thread?

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]That's it.

ok enjoy it for the length of time they have the old board up.
I'm not going to paste the post to save it.
Kid went off the deep end with the Verlander thread.

Posted this in the game thread, but this is a good place too.

Avila's OPS for August: 1.256

For a stat line of: .415 / .520 / .756 / 1.256

By comparison,

Carlos Santana: .277 / .340 / .553 / .893

Russel Martin: .225 / .238 / .425 / .663

Matt Wieters: .267 / .327 / .422 / .749

The Avila we see today is the Avila we have for seasons to come. Guy is for real and will be an all star candidate for years,

Avila is my Tiger. He replaced Inge. The guy is a friggin machine. Him getting bowled over the other night, hanging on to the ball, and snapped up was awesome. That one had to hurt.

jdeb said:
Avila is my Tiger. He replaced Inge. The guy is a friggin machine. Him getting bowled over the other night, hanging on to the ball, and snapped up was awesome. That one had to hurt.

Not to mention smacking one to the fence the next time he was up.

He reminds me of when Pudge was here and hit .500 in the month of June.

he is easily the best catchers in baseball. posey might be a little better but since hes hurt its avila. not to mention hes a great defensive catcher also

austindayeisaboss said:
he is easily the best catchers in baseball. posey might be a little better but since hes hurt its avila. not to mention hes a great defensive catcher also

He is not great defensively by any stretch but he has improved a great deal from last year.

jdeb said:
austindayeisaboss said:

He is not great defensively by any stretch but he has improved a great deal from last year.
and he has a great arm

austindayeisaboss said:
jdeb said:
and he has a great arm

Yes he does but he needs to work on balls in the dirt. He is above average

austindayeisaboss said:

Joe Mauer??

rebbiv said:
austindayeisaboss said:

Joe Mauer??
Avilia is playing better than Mauer right now. Of course Mauer is the better player.....but given salary and Avilia's power potential I would take Avilia all day long!!

Well Mauer has a pretty high "power potential" as well.

Brian McCann is better than Avila, and has a couple of good years under his belt already.

rebbiv said:
austindayeisaboss said:

Joe Mauer??

Talking defense not offense! Matt Wieters is clearly the best defensive catcher in baseball. Kelly Shoppach and Ramon Hernandez are not far behind. Wieters has it all; hands, feet, arm, and game management.

For the playoffs, I am looking for a money catcher who can control a staff and effectively prevent runners from advancing... my money is spent on a Yadier Molina. Yadier is the quintessential catcher where all modern day comparisons should start.

Back