Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Penn st. football team possibly banned for 3 years?

bavarianinnman

not sure if im behind in the whole Penn state happenings, but from what My uncle has told me is that there will be couple hundred ppl who will be testifying, and that basically the whole administration knew of what was goen on, and that some of the kids familys were being paid off not to say anything.

And that NCAA may have to come down and give them a 3 year ban on their football program.

Im thinking that may not be harsh enough.

have you guys heard this?

If these are the circumstances ... 5 years is a good start for a ban.

Oh, yeah, there are going to be a ton of witnesses... the victims, their parents/families, Penn State staff, coaching staff.

You have the criminal charges filed against Sandusky, multiple counts, and separate perjury charges against Curley and Schultz. Not aware of any more (?), but that's 3 trials right there.

I read a blurb about the number of times Curley and Schultz (or as I call them, the "Two Stooges") lied during their grand jury testimony. Over a dozen specific times for each.

Figuring what sort of penalty they deserve... I dunno. Should be harsh enough to penalize the university for trying to cover this up, and harsh enough to send a message to other schools that they need to clean up their acts. However, it shouldn't be so harsh that other schools are willing to cover it up, knowing that it's worth the risk, since they're just going to get the death penalty if similar abuse is discovered.

5 years would be a death sentence. The Big Ten might even consider dropping Penn St. That may be too harsh, although, it's hard to look at it from the standpoint of the victims and argue that anything is too harsh here...

Paterno should be glad he's dead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Add in the civil suits that are sure to follow. Penn State will be a community college it all of this news is true.

The ignorance in here is truly astounding. None of this is going to happen.....lol.

The ignorance in here is truly astounding. None of this is going to happen.....lol.

no one should listen to what you have to say because you are a stupid person who talks out of his ass.

no one should listen to what you have to say because you are a stupid person who talks out of his ass.

Stop with that kind of talk, Mod has spoken .. :hehe:

But serious lighten it up a bit.

Well, I guess you told me.

"The Big Ten might even consider dropping Penn St." This right here, proves what a fucking moron you really are.

Last edited:
Well, I guess you told me.

"The Big Ten might even consider dropping Penn St." This right here, proves what a fucking moron you really are.

way to take a quote out of context, dipshit.

None of...what? The trials? The testimony? The media coverage? Just wait until this gets back on the front burner again.

SMU got a one-year ban for paying players. And other restrictions and probations for years after. What's the price of a young life marred? What about 50? And what about the coverup and perjury on top of that? The alleged hush money? If the NCAA looks the other way on this one, it will undercut what little remaining integrity is has.

Last edited:
Back