Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Leonard Davis visiting the Lions tomorrow

chow

Leonard Davis - G - Cowboys
Free agent OG Leonard Davis is reportedly visiting the Lions Tuesday night and Wednesday.
The 32-year-old started every game for the past four years in Dallas, so he's one of the few quality free agents remaining. The Lions can certainly use experienced depth behind Jeff Backus (pectoral) and Gosder Cherilus (knee), but it's been five years since Davis played tackle.

He could certainly help our abysmal run block.

Best case is backus is fine and starts at lt with cherilus healthy at rt and Davis outplays peterman at rg. Worst case cherilus or backus can't go, fox can't go and Davis starts at one of the tackle spots. Either way he's better than what we got.

Lions probably looking for depth.. Man I hope Jeff's arm gets better.

If you could use him at guard it would be a great pick up. Tackle I'm not so sure about.... he'll help the run game quite a bit if he can play guard though. Guys still a load and strong as hell.

Davis was a good guard just not sure what he has left. I know it wasnt all his fault but that line in Dallas was terrible last year. So lets hope he can play well.

NFL Network said he looked 'svelte'. LaConfora was in Allen Park yesterday. Apparently theres interest on both sides.

This would be a running game upgrade if he came here and played to form. One guy I have really grown to like is Corey Hilliard -- boosted the run game last year, kept Stafford untouched in preseason game 1 and now is scrapping in practice with KVB, dude is stepping up.

This line: backus sims raiola Davis Hilliard. I think it looks pretty good. I prefer hilliard over cherilus the kid just cant run block. And in the preseason game peterman still isnt getting a great push which is why I think MM is looking at making this move.

If he's healthy, i have no idea what Mayhew is waiting on. Get it done, Mayhew!!!!

Leonard Davis is playing the Chester Pitts game....waiting for a team to lose a starting OG so he can parlay that into a deal worth more then the Vet minimum his fat ass deserves.

Mayhew don't play that......

Back