Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Malkin, Coulter, Palin

grandy

Ann Coulter?s ?novelty candidate? swipe at Sarah Palin
By Michelle Malkin ? April 2, 2012 12:27 PM

Mitt Romney supporter Ann Coulter appeared on the ABC News Sunday show, ?This Week,? hosted by former Clintonite George Stephanopoulos. Asked about Romney?s potential vice presidential picks, she said this (while seated at a table with former green jobs czar Van Jones, who served under the Biggest Novelty Candidate of Them All, Barack Obama):

Ann Coulter:

?You can?t have a novelty candidate, I think. That would ring too much like Sarah Palin. I agree with George Will that it be good to have little tea party excitement, and the odds-on favorite, I mean, certainly the betting is on Marco Rubio, I think that would be a mistake.? But Coulter, who is a firm Mitt Romney supporter, said the GOP frontrunner needs a running mate who is tried and tested, she suggested Romney pick someone like New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie or Senate Minority Whip Jon Kyl, R-Ariz.?He?s been tested, he?s steady, he?s not frightening. He could certainly step into the job? Coulter said of Kyl.

Unbelievably, Coulter is under the continued delusion that Sarah Palin was the problem with the 2008 ticket and not McCain. Later in the show, when Van Jones floated former Bush Secretary of State Condoleezza Rices name for VP, Coulter snorted again: ?Too much like Palin.?

Say what?

Like her love object Chris Christie, Coulter has been taking many open shots at Palin lately. Florida?s great Shark Tank blog and the Daily Caller noted a few weeks ago that Coulter took nasty swipes at Palin at a Lincoln Day Dinner event:

Coulter, who was asked about the prospects of a brokered Republican convention, hinted ? as she has done in the past ? that former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is promoting the idea because she would like to be considered for the GOP nomination should a brokered convention occur. Coulter warned that selecting a candidate that way would void the vetting process that has weeded out inferior candidates.

?One of the ones promoting that [a brokered convention] is Sarah Palin, who has suggested herself as the choice,? Coulter said. ?I think as long as it?s between us girls ? I?ve been observing something about her. I don?t think it?s likely to happen. I don?t know what these people are cheering for. As I wrote in a column a few weeks back, who is this dream candidate we?re hoping to get from the convention, because Rick Perry used to be the dream candidate. Can we see them in a debate first??

?Coulter said that might be a weakness in the Republican Party as a whole ? that certain individuals become celebrities and are allowed to profit off that status and yet still interfere in GOP politics, which Democrats have been able to avoid.

?And just a more corporate problem is I think our party and particularly our movement, the conservative movement, does have more of a problem with con men and charlatans than the Democratic Party,? she said. ?I mean, the incentives seem to be set up to allow people ? as long as you have a band of a few million fanatical followers, you can make money. The Democrats have managed to figure out how not to do that.?

??The one pledge I support and I think I?m going to draft it up is for all Republican nominees for president ? I want them to sign a pledge saying, ?If I lose the nomination I pledge I will not take a gig with Fox News or write a book.??

Looks like someone?s not happy about competition encroaching on her market, eh?

Here?s my translation of Coulter-speak:

?Novelty candidate? is her code for a GOP candidate with widespread, grass-roots conservative support who doesn?t make large portions of the rank-and-file Right queasy with doubt.

That was who Sarah Palin represented on the liberal Republican John McCain ticket.

?Novelty candidate? means an outside-the-Beltway, outside-the-establishment public servant who speaks from the heart, lives political and personal life on her own terms, and embodies all that Coulter?s best Hollywood friends like misogynist Bill Maher hate.

Sometimes, the war on conservative women isn?t just being waged by the Left.

This is a form of political fragging. Shame.

Wasn?t long ago when Coulter was singing a far different tune about Gov. Palin.

http://michellemalkin.com/2012/04/02/ann-coulters-novelty-candidate-swipe-at-sarah-palin/

Ann Coulter?s ?novelty candidate? swipe at Sarah Palin
By Michelle Malkin ? April 2, 2012 12:27 PM

Mitt Romney supporter Ann Coulter appeared on the ABC News Sunday show, ?This Week,? hosted by former Clintonite George Stephanopoulos. Asked about Romney?s potential vice presidential picks, she said this (while seated at a table with former green jobs czar Van Jones, who served under the Biggest Novelty Candidate of Them All, Barack Obama):

Ann Coulter:

?You can?t have a novelty candidate, I think. That would ring too much like Sarah Palin. I agree with George Will that it be good to have little tea party excitement, and the odds-on favorite, I mean, certainly the betting is on Marco Rubio, I think that would be a mistake.? But Coulter, who is a firm Mitt Romney supporter, said the GOP frontrunner needs a running mate who is tried and tested, she suggested Romney pick someone like New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie or Senate Minority Whip Jon Kyl, R-Ariz.?He?s been tested, he?s steady, he?s not frightening. He could certainly step into the job? Coulter said of Kyl.

Unbelievably, Coulter is under the continued delusion that Sarah Palin was the problem with the 2008 ticket and not McCain. Later in the show, when Van Jones floated former Bush Secretary of State Condoleezza Rices name for VP, Coulter snorted again: ?Too much like Palin.?

Say what?

Like her love object Chris Christie, Coulter has been taking many open shots at Palin lately. Florida?s great Shark Tank blog and the Daily Caller noted a few weeks ago that Coulter took nasty swipes at Palin at a Lincoln Day Dinner event:

Coulter, who was asked about the prospects of a brokered Republican convention, hinted ? as she has done in the past ? that former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is promoting the idea because she would like to be considered for the GOP nomination should a brokered convention occur. Coulter warned that selecting a candidate that way would void the vetting process that has weeded out inferior candidates.

?One of the ones promoting that [a brokered convention] is Sarah Palin, who has suggested herself as the choice,? Coulter said. ?I think as long as it?s between us girls ? I?ve been observing something about her. I don?t think it?s likely to happen. I don?t know what these people are cheering for. As I wrote in a column a few weeks back, who is this dream candidate we?re hoping to get from the convention, because Rick Perry used to be the dream candidate. Can we see them in a debate first??

?Coulter said that might be a weakness in the Republican Party as a whole ? that certain individuals become celebrities and are allowed to profit off that status and yet still interfere in GOP politics, which Democrats have been able to avoid.

?And just a more corporate problem is I think our party and particularly our movement, the conservative movement, does have more of a problem with con men and charlatans than the Democratic Party,? she said. ?I mean, the incentives seem to be set up to allow people ? as long as you have a band of a few million fanatical followers, you can make money. The Democrats have managed to figure out how not to do that.?

??The one pledge I support and I think I?m going to draft it up is for all Republican nominees for president ? I want them to sign a pledge saying, ?If I lose the nomination I pledge I will not take a gig with Fox News or write a book.??

Looks like someone?s not happy about competition encroaching on her market, eh?

Here?s my translation of Coulter-speak:

?Novelty candidate? is her code for a GOP candidate with widespread, grass-roots conservative support who doesn?t make large portions of the rank-and-file Right queasy with doubt.

That was who Sarah Palin represented on the liberal Republican John McCain ticket.

?Novelty candidate? means an outside-the-Beltway, outside-the-establishment public servant who speaks from the heart, lives political and personal life on her own terms, and embodies all that Coulter?s best Hollywood friends like misogynist Bill Maher hate.

Sometimes, the war on conservative women isn?t just being waged by the Left.

This is a form of political fragging. Shame.

Wasn?t long ago when Coulter was singing a far different tune about Gov. Palin.

http://michellemalkin.com/2012/04/02/ann-coulters-novelty-candidate-swipe-at-sarah-palin/

I doubt Romney gives a rats ass what Ann Coulter thinks

the funnier thing is Palin touting Alan West as a VP candidate.

Not that im defending Palin...but Coulter is an idiot. Chick takes crazy pills.

A bit off the tpoic of this thread, but the other day I was in wal-mart in Ft. Gratiot, and a lady stocking the easter candy looked just like Sarah Palin, enough that I did a double take and she flashed me a button on her lapel that said: "No, I am not related to Sarah Palin." Then she winked and made the finger gun thing at me and I almost walked into one of the support beams.

A real shit bricks moment.

A bit off the tpoic of this thread, but the other day I was in wal-mart in Ft. Gratiot, and a lady stocking the easter candy looked just like Sarah Palin, enough that I did a double take and she flashed me a button on her lapel that said: "No, I am not related to Sarah Palin." Then she winked and made the finger gun thing at me and I almost walked into one of the support beams.

A real shit bricks moment.

she sounds hot. did you ask her out?

Back