Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

4/4/2012 Det at Stl

mabre321

this is the way the wings need to play in order to be successful in the playoffs. They are moving the puck really well and staying home on the defensive end. Howard is also playing great, that is going to be the biggest factor for Detroit in the playoffs. The wings need Howard to step up and keep them in games as does every team that makes the playoffs.

I wish the wings would use this kind of effort more often, i know its impossible to have this kind of fire every night but it seems like the last few years the team has gotten a little complacent in games that are not considered "big" games.

Kindl is terrible. Does this guy ever make a clean pass under pressure? I've seen a lifetime's worth of his terribleness.

I hope that dumbfuck never plays another game for the Wings. Our luck we will bring him back like we did with Ericsson.

I hope that dumbfuck never plays another game for the Wings. Our luck we will bring him back like we did with Ericsson.

Ericsson has been alright this year for the wings. He is no Nick Lidstrom but in the cap era not all of your players can be all stars. If you like baseball he is more like a back end of the rotation type guy, you don't want him to do a whole lot just be solid and help the team out.

Kindl has been terrible this game but has played alright in the past few. I know im in the minority but i thought the wings should have kept Commidore the team could use the grit, but Holland knows way better than i do.

Nice move by Bertuzzi for the extra point. That is huge for seeding, also this was a huge game IMO for the wings because it was on the road. The shootout victory really means nothing because thank god that has no part in the playoffs but playing well and hanging with a tough team on the road should help boost confidence.

Home ice in the first round would really help the wings see the second round.

Howard played really well as both goals were not his fault due to bad turnovers

I really hope that Stuart ends up being ok. Im really concerned with a concussion in that situation and they don't always show up right away. Lets keep our fingers crossed that he is ok.

Ericsson has been alright this year for the wings. He is no Nick Lidstrom but in the cap era not all of your players can be all stars. If you like baseball he is more like a back end of the rotation type guy, you don't want him to do a whole lot just be solid and help the team out.

Kindl has been terrible this game but has played alright in the past few. I know im in the minority but i thought the wings should have kept Commidore the team could use the grit, but Holland knows way better than i do.

Ericsson gets paid more than Kronwall and Quincy, and is close to Stuart. He has played better this year but he has never been good in the playoffs since his first year. I agree we need more grit and it will be rough without Eaves and if Helm doesn't get back soon.

Ericsson gets paid more than Kronwall and Quincy, and is close to Stuart. He has played better this year but he has never been good in the playoffs since his first year. I agree we need more grit and it will be rough without Eaves and if Helm doesn't get back soon.

Ericsson's contract length was only 3 years Kronwalls was 7, a players yearly pay is almost always higher in shorter deals to help compensate. http://nhlnumbers.com/teams/DET?year=2012 . But i do agree Ericsson has been brutal in the playoffs in the past lets hope that he can continue to be solid in the playoffs as he has this year esp recently. Hopefully with Ericsson reaching the age where he should be in his prime and steps his play up. Kronwall did much the same thing, he was a good defense man but made a lot of mistakes (although he was set back by a few knee injuries which slowed his development)

Eaves was a bummer the team could use a shooter type to play with players like Filppula who loves to pass.

Very nice comeback and we final break that 0-5-2 stretch on the road. Kindal needs to sit... He was responsible for both blues goals..

I can't wait till the off season hopefully after winning another cup... This defense is going to look different next year..

Last edited:
How can the team be so good 5 on 5 and brutal on the power play....

Agree on Ericsson. I'm no great fan, but I've learned to live with his limitations. I wish he wasn't such a marshmallow, though.

Agree on Ericsson. I'm no great fan, but I've learned to live with his limitations. I wish he wasn't such a marshmallow, though.

I dont know if he is now choosing to play soft or if its the coaches telling him to stay away from confrontation. He used to have a real mean streak when he played down in GR and that seems to be a common theme with players that come up. I really dont think the wings brass is interested in getting into that stuff, they seem to be especially concerned with defense men staying on the ice and not sitting in the box. (btw im not sure if thats what you meant by marshmallow if not just ignore me)

Back