Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

4/5/2012 nj @ det

mabre321

Another big game for the wings. Would really like to see an easy win so they can get some of the players less ice time than usual. Although Franzen, Datsyuk, Bertuzzi could use the ice time to get them back into the flow after missing time recently.

Its almost a lock that the Wings will be playing Nashville in the first round but home ice is far from decided. The wings are sitting with 101 pts, Nashville has 100 and Chicago has 98. If Det gets a win in either of the last two its the 4 or 5 spot guaranteed. The only way Chicago can pass Det is to win out and have Det lose out (unless Det loses two in ot). Nashville sitting one point behind and has the tie breaker locked up if it comes to that with 41 ROW wins.(Det has 39).

Basically it would be better for the Wings just to win out and lock up the 4 seed. Nashville has Dallas who is struggling but fighting for their playoffs lives and Colorado left who is dusting off their golf clubs once again.(ha ha)

I dont know if Howard is starting tonight due to back to back games but if he does he needs to have another strong game to build confidence before the playoffs. If its Conklin in net god help us.

Go wings

Last edited:
Wings were pretty lifeless in the third tonight.. After a great second period they let NJ dictate the pace in the third period... back to fifth place we go with one game left. If the Hawks beat us i think we will fall to the sixth spot even though we would tie for points and tie in Row's at 39... Next tie-breaker is head to head so that would be that..So we need a point or better to stay in fifth and we need the win and a Predators loss to get back the fourth spot.. I think :)

Predators @ Colorado
Blackhawks @ Detroit

Nashville 102
Wings 101
Hawks 99

man this team is frustrating lately.

seems like they are playing from behind in every game and that's not a good sign.

i know hockey playoffs crazy things can happen, but the way this team is playing on O and D, they will not win 1 playoff round.

Back