Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cameron Maybin

jdeb

I picked him up in my fantasy league a month ago. He is ranked 8th in the past 30 days. It appears the kid is turning the corner and heading towards the elite.

He hasn't done a thing till now and his numbers this season, 274 .328 .404 -- better but not close to elite.

He's in a tough spot in San Diego. Surrounded by terrible players in the toughest park in the game. I hope he has a fine career.

When he came up for that cup of coffee in Detroit, I thought he was several years away from being a decent major leaguer. His athleticism sped him up, but he was really raw as far as baseball talent.

Looks like he K's a fair amount. The young guys come up with all these skills but strikeout a ton and it dampens their game.

He is a younger Austin Jackson :) with I think, more potential, maybe we can sign him in free agency in a few years :)

His HR rate is went down this season. Same amt of HR as last season but with more than a 100 PA.

Maybin's defense is still work in progress. I would say he is in the 15- 20 range if we ranked ever CF'ers from 1 to 30.

his numbers are impressive the last 30 days. not a lot of power but getting on , scoring runs and playing great defense

anyone see him get faked out and tagged rounding third? #1 top play...

The first thing to point out is Maybin is playing in the most pitcher friendly ballpark this year (Petco).

Home = .592 OPS
Away = .852 OPS

He was in the minors for a few weeks in June. Saw him play here for the Padres' AAA team. Stole a base. Three K's. Luckily the Padres suck so bad he got the call up not long after that game.

Back