Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Wings Verses Predators

With Todd Bertuzzi, and Cleary really banged up I just really don't know how we will do..

Don't care what the point totals say talent-wise the Red Wings are still better than the Preds. Even at 90% I think the Wings can pull it out in a long series.

The ONLY way Nashville wins is if Rinne stands on his head.

Wings in 5 as they win all in Nashville and split at home, the opposite of what generally played out during the regular season.

How soon into the series do you thing Barry hot to Trotz will start complaining to the officials about the Wings "cheating" on face-offs. I'm guessing 5 minutes into game 1. Hate that goon. He should get a job as the Travelocity Gnome when he retires from hockey.

Last edited:
How soon into the series do you thing Barry hot to Trotz will start complaining to the officials about the Wings "cheating" on face-offs. I'm guessing 5 minutes into game 1. Hate that goon. He should get a job as the Travelocity Gnome when he retires from hockey.

Sorry, I don't share the animosity. We're just not talking about the Crawford/Bowman dynamic here. Also wondering, with the over-zealousness of the linesmen on face offs, how cheating is allowed in the first place.

I see the wings pulling this one out in 6 games. I wouldnt be shocked if they lost this series though, as the Preds have a very tough (and Huge) Defense and Goalie. Big butterfly style goalies have given the wings trouble in the past (Hiller comes to mind) and Rienne is no different. Throw in Weber, Suter, and Hal Gill, and they have a huge size advantage on Defense.

That being said, I think that our key players are for the most part healthy. That will be a big contributor to the way this series goes. I also expect Franzen to step his game up to the level he is capable of, he should have ton of energy since he basically floated around the rink the last 4 weeks of the season.

All in all I think this is the best matchup the Wings could have gotten in the first round. There is very little travel, and we know our opponent very well. That bodes well for a very veteran heavy team.

It would take a few serious injuries or a bad series by howard for the Wings to lose to the Preds IMO

Back