Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit @ Nashville Game # 1

biggunsbob

Well JRice posted some good news about Helm. Hopefully we can snatch home ice away from the Predators in game one... Not sure how much in game I can post but I will be on afterwards... Go Wings!!! Time to show up on the road for a change...My guess is that Howard is going to have play great this series...

Last edited:
That can be said for every team in the playoffs this year. None of these series are easy wins for any of the teams in them. SJ and CHI is going to be a great close fought series i dont care what the records say. Same for the Wings and Nashville. Its all going to come down to a hot goalie and timely scoring like it always does. Hopefully the wings can put that combo together and take the cup again.

Go Wings!!!!!!!!!

San Jose is @ St Louis. Blues beat them every game in the regular season which means nothing but I like Sharks in 6 or 7

Chicago is @ Phoenix. Not sure about this one but I like Hawks..

Last edited:
The difference between Detroit and Nashville is really tiny. Hopefully, the Wings get the breaks and take it. Certainly, the last two years the breaks have gone the way of the Sharks versus the Wings, so Detroit is due.

San Jose is @ St Louis. Blues beat them every game in the regular season which means nothing but I like Sharks in 6 or 7

Chicago is @ Phoenix. Not sure about this one but I like Hawks..

Whoops, in the middle of finals haven't really been paying that close of attention i assumed that SJ ended up winning that division. Prb should look at things before i make stupid comments.

Bad draw for Stl, winning the division and they get a team like SJ in the first round ouch. Would much rather play Phx than SJ. and i agree i think the hawks beat PHX without much effort prb in 5.

Last edited:
So far this game has no flow to it what so ever. Every time the play gets started the refs call some retarded penalty. I hate when the refs think they are the stars of the game. Just let them play.

Stop showing Gary Bettman it is only going to make me angry.

4 Wings penalties in the first period... Gary Bettman in the building.. Wings are the best 5 on 5 team in the league.. Any questions and weather the league is fixed.. Beyond ridiculous!!!!!!

Last edited:
Whoops, in the middle of finals haven't really been paying that close of attention i assumed that SJ ended up winning that division. Prb should look at things before i make stupid comments.

Bad draw for Stl, winning the division and they get a team like SJ in the first round ouch. Would much rather play Phx than SJ. and i agree i think the hawks beat PHX without much effort prb in 5.

Yeah I was hoping to fall to the sixth spot if we did not get home ice but the Wings players prefer the less travel time.. Not me Nashville is way better then Phoenix..

Not me Nashville is way better then Phoenix..

agreed, but i guess your gonna have to play good teams anyways no matter what.

This game is very frustrating to me so far. The wings have no been able to sustain any type of pressure on Nashville. The refs have not helped with that what so ever.

And oh good helm gone for the game just more good news

Goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! zetterburg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do u know its on the PP. Zetterburgs 50th career playoff goal

ok this is just getting dumb its the playoffs assholes stop calling penalties. can we make this more obvious who the league favors. I normally hate the tin hat theories but seriously this is getting absolutely stupid

6 penalties already against the wings.

Last edited:
Officials are taking the joy out of this game. I hate a game filled with ticky tac penalties.

Mickey Redman is taking words right out of my mouth. Except he is not using the F word every other word like i am.

The refs are the story of this game plan and simple... the calls theymake and the absolute mugging Nashville is putting on Pavel.

I'm keeping an eye on Pitt/Philly and it's much better hockey. Officials are not ruining that game. Hopefully the third period in Nashville is not as ridiculous as the first two.

The story of this game is that the Wings were pathetic in winning O-zone face-offs.

Pretty even game for the most part, they just got more lucky breaks. I say Weber gets suspended for a couple of games because he was making an attempt to injure a player after the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Bad officiating. Not just against the Wings, but overall. That wasn't playoff hockey.

2. 1 bad goal by Howard. Should have had the second one. It was deflected, but a floater that was deflected out past the dot.

In general, the Wings were better five on five. 17 minor penalties. Unreal.

Again the best 5 on 5 team in hockey... Game had nothing going for it except refs calling crap all game and BTW Nashville had 2 fluke goals. Seriously I hope someone takes a run at Weber. No reason with 5 seconds left to ram Zetterbergs head into the boards unless you are trying to injury someone. Least the Pen-queens last a 3-0 lead and lost in ot..... Very frustrated about the loss...

Last edited:
Back