Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

O'keefe takes on Voter ID laws

mhughes0021

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ction-workers/2012/04/09/gIQAgINT6S_blog.html

This story is hillarious. O'keefe (ya the same dude from the ACORN/Pimp videos) shows the ignorance in voter ID laws by posing as Attorney General Eric Holder. All he needed was his name and address and they allowed him to vote as Eric Holder on the ballot in Holder's own district lol. When he said let me find my ID they said...

?You don?t need it; it?s all right,? the poll worker says. ?As long as you?re in here, you?re on our list, and that?s who you say you are, you?re okay.?

Granted the dude will end up in jail...but thought this was a ballsy way of showing how stupid Holder's argument is.

I'm not sure that he will go to jail. He didn't vote or sign anything in the video.

Under D.C. law, persons found guilty of making “any false representations” as to their eligibility to vote are subject to fines up to $10,000 and up to five years in prison.

"Do you have an Eric Holder?" Isn't saying that you are Eric Holder, but he did let that guy continue to think he was Holder after it was clear that's what the guy though.

You have to show ID to do so many things in life and it's somehow one step away from GULAG ARCHIPELAGO to ask someone for ID when casting a vote? It's not about rights violations; it's about people NOT having to prove who they are so they can vote again somewhere else.

You have to show ID to do so many things in life and it's somehow one step away from GULAG ARCHIPELAGO to ask someone for ID when casting a vote? It's not about rights violations; it's about people NOT having to prove who they are so they can vote again somewhere else.

yeah.

voter fraud is the GOP's pet issue; by requiring everyone to have a photo ID, you exclude people from voting... and demographically, those people tend to be poor, black or hispanic, and vote democratic.

But like you said, the implication the GOP is trying to make is that democrats are using voter fraud to stuff the ballot boxes and steal elections, which is just not the case. You can only vote in one place.

yeah.

voter fraud is the GOP's pet issue; by requiring everyone to have a photo ID, you exclude people from voting... and demographically, those people tend to be poor, black or hispanic, and vote democratic.

But like you said, the implication the GOP is trying to make is that democrats are using voter fraud to stuff the ballot boxes and steal elections, which is just not the case. You can only vote in one place.

Gimme a break. Who does not have a picture ID in today's society? And if not, why not? The solution is simple: get one. Find a way. Ask for help. Make it happen. Show some initiative. That used to be the American Way. But the detractors would rather divert all their energy into opposing it by simply crying about "injustice."

When I voted in the primary, I was asked to present ID, I did, and I voted. Nothing to it.

Last edited:
Gimme a break. Who does not have a picture ID in today's society? And if not, why not? The solution is simple: get one. Find a way. Ask for help. Make it happen. Show some initiative. That used to be the American Way. But the detractors would rather divert all their energy into opposing it by simply crying about "injustice."

When I voted in the primary, I was asked to present ID, I did, and I voted. Nothing to it.

Not disagreeing with you; I think some people are extremely lazy, or cheap, and getting a photo ID isn't that big of a deal. still... just because you don't have one, you shouldn't lose your right to vote. I think the problem is the photo ID part.

I think there was always the right for the election judges to ask for proof of who you were, but this could include a lot of things, from a heating bill, to a property tax bill. Of course, there's no way to prevent all election fraud from occurring, but in the end, it's so minimal as to wonder WHY exactly so much ink is being spill about this.

Like I said, the evidence seems to indicate this is more an initiative to disenfranchise certain segments of the population than it is any legitimate concern about fraud... the evidence of fraud is scanty, and if anything goes both ways.

If the law will prevent illegal immigrants from voting; thats justification enough. But who am I kidding? Ironically, many people apply more energy and resources in obtaining a fake ID than in getting a legitimate one. Let's just follow the DWTS model: you can vote up to ten times for your candidate of choice via text, phone or online.

If the law will prevent illegal immigrants from voting; thats justification enough. But who am I kidding? Ironically, many people apply more energy and resources in obtaining a fake ID than in getting a legitimate one. Let's just follow the DWTS model: you can vote up to ten times for your candidate of choice via text, phone or online.

WELL... considering more people probably vote for that than the Office of the President it is worth a shot.

WELL... considering more people probably vote for that than the Office of the President it is worth a shot.

It is never a good idea to use the last word and the sixth from the last word together in the same sentence.

It is never a good idea to use the last word and the sixth from the last word together in the same sentence.

You are right. Especially not after the Patriot Act. I heard that this one guy...Wait, someone is at the door I'll finish my thought in the next post.

Of the types of voter fraud we should be worried about, people physically showing up at multiple sites and voting more than once under different names is a low priority.

And anyone who does vote on that show should be disenfranchised the first time they voluntarily skip voting in a presidential election.

c'mon....Im stuffing the ballot box for Donald Driver

Back