Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The disappearing Jiri Hulder

biggunsbob

Where is this guy.. I read a message on m-live where a guy excused him of being on the take to Russian mobsters. LOL. I am not going to go that far but so far this series he is a no show. Guys like him just don't seem cut out for playoff hockey.. Just to small.. I hope I am wrong and he gets a hat trick Tuesday but this team really needs to wake up by game time...

You can throw also Filppula into the invisible bucket...

Overreaction. The Preds goalie has stolen the games they've won. There's nothing wrong with the Wing's forward play at all.

Over reaction maybe for VF but Hulder is not playing good...He turns over the puck as soon as he gets it or makes one to many passes and gets over powered by bigger forwards. Not sure what game you are watching JR.. Hulder is small.. He needs to be better...

I don't think the issue is Hudler not being built for playoff hockey...he had a great playoffs during the cup run in '08. The problem is too many of the guys are "streaky" (Bertuzzi, Hudler, Franzen) and they never streak at the right time. If Franzen could just go off like he did during the first two rounds in '08, this series will turn around in a big hurry.

Hudler is small and won't win battles in the corners, even though he's been better this year. But he is what he is. Criticizing him for being soft is like criticizing Lidstrom for being soft.

If we were to start complaining about the softness of Franzen, Ericsson, Kronwall, Abby, Quincey or any of the potentially physical players, I'd be on board for that.

I thought the difference in game 1 was 1 lucky goal for the Preds and 1 softy by Jimmy. Game 2 stolen by Jimmy, game 3 stolen by Rinne. I don't see why there needs to be blame pointed in an even series that's been pretty even.

The Wings couldn't buy a break on Sunday and yes, Rennie is stone walling them, along with help from the posts!!

But once the seal is broken, the scoring will come and I have a feeling tonight the Wings find the net 4 or 5 times.

Last edited:
Hudler has only 4 shots on goal in 3 playoff games.. Not exactly the regular season when he had 25 goals...he is a +/- -3 which is -3 Which is second worse to Stuart at -4.. Ericsson has had a decent series out of the defense-men but Stuart and the other defense-men have struggled... If Hudler is not going to get and goals or make a difference he is useless come playoff time. Hopefully they will all show up tonight and score some goals. I just disagree about Hudler..He has been a no-show.. other players may be dinged up like DC or TB but JH is healthy and invisible... i hope he breaks out of it and gets a hat trick tonight...

filppula, hudler, franzen have been complete non-factors in this series and are getting completely shut down.

very disappointing if they go out like this in what could be lidstroms last season

filppula, hudler, franzen have been complete non-factors in this series and are getting completely shut down.

very disappointing if they go out like this in what could be lidstroms last season

Hudler scored the only goal in game 4, had a great chance that Rinne stopped and hit the post on another chance. He was the Wing's most dangerous forward in game 4 by a considerable amount. He went to the front of the net a lot in that game. If all the Wings played like Hudler did in game 4 they might have won.

Last edited:
He also was easily pushed over behind the net because he is small... He was great in the regular season but one playoff game does not make up for the other 3 he was a no-show in..One of many Wings clearly not right.. He was good last game but we need a more sustained effort by him and everyone in all the games... I hope we blast the Preds on Friday...

He can't help that he's a dwarf. It's not like he was hiding it.

If you were to make a list of passengers, he wouldn't be on it at this point.

I actually thought Hudler was fine. He battled in the corners all series, got to the front of the net all series, scored a couple goals. He's one of the few I would not criticize heavily.

In the first 3 games he was nowhere to be found.. ( like a lot of wings) He had a great regular season... He has to be worth something.. Nashville knocked him around pretty easy in those battles you talk about.. I like him maybe we keep him.. he is just so small..

I like both him and Filppula, very similar styles. Their job is more to get the puck to others to make things happen. I just think we need better players on our playoff roster than Emmerton, Bertuzzi, holmstrom, Abdelkader, Nyquist, Miller. I actually thought Emmerton played ok and I like Abdelkader, Nyquist, and Miller but I am not sure any of them are giving the depth up front the Wings need. I think Bertuzzi and Holmstrom are useless and are wasting space espically on the PP.

Nyquist Emmerton Miller Abdelkader should be kept. All have uses for the time being.. I agree Holmstrom is done.. Todd is only good in shootouts now... You are right about the Europeans.. They need some bigger guys to help them.. Some big changes are coming... Should be a wild off season for the wings..

Back