Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

How many Linebackers?

motown1958

I was trying to figure out how many LBs we were going to keep because I really think there is a lot of talent there this year for us especially for the future.

Starters: Levy, Tulloch, Durant

Back ups: Carpenter, Palmer, Ekejeuba,

But aside from them I like both Mixon and Hogue.

Just seems like there arent going to be enough spots so hopefully Hogue and Mixon can make it to the practice squad and not get picked up.

Yea its just unusual for this team to have this much talent at the position.

It still surprises me they sign Tulloch and Durant. I thought one or the other but not both.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]It still surprises me they sign Tulloch and Durant. I thought one or the other but not both.

Yea it just goes to show what players in the NFL are thinking about whats going on here. Very exciting and giving me hope for the first time in a while.

I think with the lower cap players are counting on getting the big payday next season rather than a longer but less money contract now. So many 1 year contracts this season.

Yea I agree. They wanted to go somewhere they could put up big numbers and set themselves up for a big pay day. I like what MM did though by giving Durant 2 years and Tulloch 1. He can extend Tulloch once the cap is set for next year and then figure out if they want to stick with Durant or go in a new direction.

Typically teams carry 25 offensive players, 25 defensive players, and a LS, K and P.

My guess is we keep 9 DL, 7 LB'ers, and 9 DB's. Teams typically don't cut 4th round picks unless they completely bomb, so Hogue is most likely on the team.

What it will most likely come down to is a 10th DB or 7th LB'er, and ST will play a big part in that decision.

From the looks of it now Ricardo Silva, Nathan Vasher, and Ekejuiba are fighting for that spot.

detroit1811 said:
Typically teams carry 25 offensive players, 25 defensive players, and a LS, K and P.

My guess is we keep 9 DL, 7 LB'ers, and 9 DB's. Teams typically don't cut 4th round picks unless they completely bomb, so Hogue is most likely on the team.

What it will most likely come down to is a 10th DB or 7th LB'er, and ST will play a big part in that decision.

From the looks of it now Ricardo Silva, Nathan Vasher, and Ekejuiba are fighting for that spot.

Hogue was a 5th shooter not a 4th and he's headed to the practice squad...

nobody is going to claim him because nobody is going to carry an undersized developmentel LB on their 53 man roster for 3 weeks.

If i had to guess I say we keep 7 LBs. Ekejeuba and Hogue both making it. I think Vasher will probably be fighting with McDonald for that last Db spot. IMO i see it like this:

LBs Kept: levy, tulloch, durant, carpenter, hogue, Palmer, Ekejeuba

DBs Kept: Houston, wright, berry, mcdonald, Delmas, spievey, coleman, Wendling, Vasher

motown1958 said:
If i had to guess I say we keep 7 LBs. Ekejeuba and Hogue both making it. I think Vasher will probably be fighting with McDonald for that last Db spot. IMO i see it like this:

LBs Kept: levy, tulloch, durant, carpenter, hogue, Palmer, Ekejeuba

DBs Kept: Houston, wright, berry, mcdonald, Delmas, spievey, coleman, Wendling, Vasher

and Alphonso Smith just disappears ?

Damn, good call I missed him because of the injury. Probably Mcdonald or vasher are out then.

motown1958 said:
Damn, good call I missed him because of the injury. Probably Mcdonald or vasher are out then.

the Lions will only carry 6 LB...same as last year.

Hogue needs a year on the PS.

they have more special teams talent at DB

SLICK said:
motown1958 said:

that and all our dbs get injured....

SLICK said:
motown1958 said:

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2010/9/5/1671475/detroit-lions-53-man-roster

We went into the season with seven LB'ers (claimed Havner a day after first cuts and cut Northcutt).

Like I said above, its gonna come down to special teams. I think Hogue is definitely gonna stick around, and Ekejiuba is a way better special teamer then anyone competing for that last spot on defense. We will just have to wait and see whos right.

detroit1811 said:
SLICK said:

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2010/9/5/1671475/detroit-lions-53-man-roster

We went into the season with seven LB'ers (claimed Havner a day after first cuts and cut Northcutt).

Like I said above, its gonna come down to special teams. I think Hogue is definitely gonna stick around, and Ekejiuba is a way better special teamer then anyone competing for that last spot on defense. We will just have to wait and see whos right.

right we don't cut 4th round picks....oh wait...lol

he's going to the PS....get off the kids jock , he's raw as fuck.

Havner...lol , c'mon TE or LB...and he was gone 4 weeks later.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Okay Smith you have another ID and smite yourself, eh?

I dont bother with any of that stuff.....why is it even on here?

Back