Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

First real GAllup Poll of 2012 race

Mittens cant campaign on Health Care or Cap and Trade he is basically Obama 2.0 on those issues...takes 2 big chunks right out of the Republican arsenal vs Barry...he's gotta hope the Economy goes in the shitter again to beat him...Once he gets on stage with him in a debate he is gonna have problems also.

but it will be alot closer then 2008.....

latest electoral map that came out had Obama winning quite easy.

http://www.examiner.com/political-b...electoral-college-map-projection-with-polls-4

Analysis:
As has been the case with most modern presidential election, the race is likely to come down to a number of key swing states. Polls show President Obama holding on to all of his “safe” states from 2008, and Mitt Romney currently leads in all the states that Senator John McCain (R-AZ) won in 2008.
The good news for President Obama is that the polls show him winning in a large majority of the swing states including Florida, Ohio, Colorado, and Nevada. Romney received some good news last week with new polls showing him with slight leads in Virginia and North Carolina. However, even if Romney were to win these two states President Obama would still win by a large margin by winning the other swing states. A lot can change between now and election day, but the current set of polls give President Obama a strong lead in the Electoral College count.

I expect things to swing in Barack's favor over the remainder of the year.

Romney will make a bunch of tin-eared gaffes, when he tries to "relate" to the poor/middle class voters.

and unless Obama comes down with food poisoning 5 minutes before any of the presidential debates, expect him to mop the floor with Romney.

as bad as Obama's approval rating is (and rightfully so), among the swing votes in the middle, the GOP's stock is also in the toilet, and has been since the debt ceiling fiasco last year. Plus the middle/lower middle class seems to be *finally* waking up to the fact that when it comes to taxes & benefits, they've been getting hosed by the wealthy & conservatives.

kinda tough to really attack the guy in the White House over his policies, when you're party has blocked a lot of what he proposed to do, and forced him to compromise well short of legislative goals (e.g. the half-assed stimulus in '09)

Romney also has to really get his likability numbers up with women....saw yesterday that Obama was up something like 25 - 30 points , and in overall likeabilty Obama had a pretty big lead.

Romney got offered a shot at hosting SNL in one of the 3 last upcoming episodes it could be a good idea for him to do it and show he isn't such a douche.

I can't believe Romney's even in it. Makes me feel a little out of touch with my country.

I can't believe Romney's even in it. Makes me feel a little out of touch with my country.

I'd vote for just about anyone over Obama. Oh man, I can't stand him. Even if I can't stand Mitt or anyone else, I'll take my chance that there's a 80% chance he'll to better than the one in charge now.

Can't argue with that. Better than Newt though, eh?

at least Newt gets pissed off and shows emotion and goes off the deep end , I hope Romney takes up the SNL invite and shows a side of himself that we haven't seen yet....nobody can have that much of a plastic appearance , can they ?

at least Newt gets pissed off and shows emotion and goes off the deep end , I hope Romney takes up the SNL invite and shows a side of himself that we haven't seen yet....nobody can have that much of a plastic appearance , can they ?

THAT'S the stuff that will sink him.

Do you remember when Steve Forbes was on SNL? It was brutally painful.

THAT'S the stuff that will sink him.

Do you remember when Steve Forbes was on SNL? It was brutally painful.

yes...thats one reason they're saying Mittens wont do it...he really doesnt have a sense of humor.

Have t agree with michchamp. If he has a "plastic appearance", I doubt he has much of a sense of humor.

That, was painful to watch.

No comedic timing at all, and he looked so stiff, I though it was an mannequin.

Not surprised it's close really...both are pretty close to center and Americans will be stuck deciding who to choose. Obama has been pretty moderate (I have hard time calling him a true liberal) and Romney is probably done pandering to the far right since he's got the nomination.

However it will be hilarious watching Romney debate Obama about national Romneycare.

Things might look a bit different though if Romney ever decides to release his tax returns for the past decade. 72% of Americans wanted the Buffett rule and Romney wants the millionaires and billionaires to pay even less.

Not surprised it's close really...both are pretty close to center and Americans will be stuck deciding who to choose. Obama has been pretty moderate (I have hard time calling him a true liberal) and Romney is probably done pandering to the far right since he's got the nomination.

However it will be hilarious watching Romney debate Obama about national Romneycare.

Things might look a bit different though if Romney ever decides to release his tax returns for the past decade. 72% of Americans wanted the Buffett rule and Romney wants the millionaires and billionaires to pay even less.

Back