Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Santiago to play 2b everyday

hellifino

unless he goes into a real slump,I think this is best for the team. earlier in the year they said that he would wear down as the season goes along, well there isn't that much of a season left, so there shouldn't be a letdown. he's our best hitting 2b, and the best fielder. and keep Betemit at 3b, only use Kelly to give him a day off once and a while.

I have wanted him to play 2B for most of the year. I have no problem with a platoon of Kelly and Wilson. Kelly isn't great but Wilson is bad defensively. Most fans fall in love with the Tiger's lineup but I think they may be the worst defensive team in MLB. I think that needs to be addressed this off season.

Santiago is best in limited exposure. Increasing his at bats in my opinion will showcase his flaws instead of his strengths. I do think he should play at 3b or 2b in the late innings of just about every game.

27tigers said:
Santiago is best in limited exposure. Increasing his at bats in my opinion will showcase his flaws instead of his strengths. I do think he should play at 3b or 2b in the late innings of just about every game.

Agree with this. He should finish pretty much every game as the second baseman.

JimRice said:
27tigers said:

Agree with this. He should finish pretty much every game as the second baseman.
also agree with this. he's proven he wont play well as an every day player, but he can definitely contribute on a part-time basis, especially if he gets on a hot-streak like he is right now. kind of like raburn. and kelly. we seem to have a lot of this type of player on our team.

Back