Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2013 Football Recruits

JScottWriter

Player

Gerald Holmes(MI) RB ESPN: 3*/#84/75 Rivals: 3*/5.7 Scouts: 3*/#43

Jon Reschke(MI) OLB ESPN: 4*/#33/81 Rivals: 4*/5.8 Scouts: 4*/#16

Jayln Powell(OH) ATH/S ESPN: 4*/#20/80 Rivals: 3*/5.7 Scouts: 3*/#28

R.J. Shelton(WI) RB ESPN: 3*/#68/76 Rivals: 3*/5.7 Scouts: 3*/#37

Shane Jones(OH) ILB ESPN: 4*/#6/83 Rivals: 4*/5.8 Scouts: 3*/#45

Damion Terry(PA) QB ESPN: 4*/#9/80 Rivals: 3*/5.6 Scouts: 4*/#28

Jay Harris(PA) WR ESPN: 3*/#95/77 Rivals: 2*/5.4 Scouts: 3*/#119

Trey Kilgore(OH) WR ESPN: 3*/#106/76 Rivals: 3*/5.6 Scouts: 3*/#133

Darian Hicks(OH) CB ESPN: 3*/#65/76 Rivals: 3*/5.6 Scouts: 3*/#70

Devyn Salmon(FL) DT ESPN: 3*/#81/71 Rivals: 3*/5.6 Scouts: 3*/#78

Dylan Chmura(WI) TE ESPN:NR Rivals: 3*/5.6 Scouts: 2*/NR

Dennis Finley(MI) OT ESPN: 4*/#40/80 Rivals: 3*/5.7 Scouts: 3*/#33

Demetrius Cooper(IL) DE ESPN: NR Rivals: NR Scouts: 3*/#55

I will try and keep the recruits updated as they commit to MSU. ESPN's first number is their stars, second is position rank, third is grade. Rivals is stars and grade. Scouts is stars and position rank. Not sure why ESPN took down the grades for some players but I know Reschke was in their Top150.

Last edited:
I really like our recruits so far. Look for Powell and Benenoch to get the 4 star bump this fall. This could be a very small class with maybe 11-14 recruits in it. We've only got a handful of seniors on the team this fall and a couple of those (Treadwell and Hoover) will get 6th years. There is very little attrition in our classes for the last few years.

Caleb Benenoch has decommited but MSU is still on his list of schools, I am sure he will stay in the BIG 12.

The class is taking shape. Caleb's recruitment was very strange, he never even visited before he committed, then he blew up and was getting pressure to keep his options open so he de-committed early in the process, giving our coaches time to fill his spot with someone they want.

Damian Terry is rising fast as a 4 star drop back QB, who has the wheels to be a threat running too.

Darian Hicks committed last week, he was our #1 guy at CB and he's got everything the coaches think he needs to be a stud.

Dylan Chmura committed this weekend, he's a typical under the radar guy for Dantonio. His dad is Mark Chmura so he has the bloodlines, but he was coming off an ACL injury so he didn't play much last year, but he came into the camp at MSU last week healthy at 6-6 and 225 lbs. He absolutely wowed the coaches and was head and shoulders the best TE at the camp, he out performed 4 star recruits easily and the staff offered him before he left town. Just another case of Dantonio seeing for himself that this kid has star potential and ignoring the star ratings. Really excited to see this kid.

Today, Ohio WR Trey Kilgore gave his verbal, he's a tall and fast WR who played some QB for one of the best programs in the state of Ohio. The locals say he compares very favorably to 4 star recruit Monty Madaris who signed with MSU in February, he's got the same skill set, but a better body with longer arms. A real good kid too with a great head on his shoulders, he wants to be an engineer.

This class will undoubtedly be very small (13-16 players), but it's shaping up to be one of Dantonio's best. We have 9 players committed now, and several are or should be 4 stars by national signing day. Riley Norman is a lock for MSU at LT if he decides to play football instead of focusing on the shot put and a chance to maybe be an Olympian. Couple other real nice guys that Dantonio has as his plan A guys too.

Add WR Jay Harris as a verbal tonight. Smaller and fast KR in the Keyshawn Martin mold.

Also, 2 sport 2014 star Drake Harris is making his college choice on Wednesday. This weekend he was at the Tom Izzo basketball camp in East Lansing. He could be a 4 or 5 star in both sports if he continues to develop. Drake is the most highly recruited player to come out of Grand Rapids in a while.

Last edited:
Updated with all 11 recruits as of now. They need to get some OL help soon.

MSU has added 2 since my last update a couple of days ago. I am glad that they got a OT that looks to have a ton of potential.

Back