Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

whitesox pitcher humber with perfect game

Watched most of the game this afternoon. The Ms offense is not good but Humber really looked dominant the whole game. There was really nothing close to a hit.

For a pitcher up until last season who threw maybe 30 pitches in his career, very good.

on the one hand, i wanna feel good for the guy because its quite a feat. on the other hand, he can go fuck himself because hes on the white sox and because of galarraga's game. so, yeah.

Last edited:
I was listening to the Mariners' broadcast and their announcers were trying their damnedest to jinx the event. "He's retired 15 in a row...that's 16 in a row...17 in a row." I stopped listening out of disgust and there's pleasure that these two morons (one followed Ernie Harwell for a few years before he was fired) had to actually ADMIT that Humber set down 27 straight Mariners.

I was listening to the Mariners' broadcast and their announcers were trying their damnedest to jinx the event. "He's retired 15 in a row...that's 16 in a row...17 in a row." I stopped listening out of disgust and there's pleasure that these two morons (one followed Ernie Harwell for a few years before he was fired) had to actually ADMIT that Humber set down 27 straight Mariners.

Was that the "Goodbye baseball" guy? Oh, I couldn't stand him. Especially following a legend.

It's funny because Dickerson did that too when Verlander and Galarraga had their no-no's and perfecto's going.

He never says "No Hit(ter), or Perfect Game, but says things like Justin "Verlander has not allowed a baserunner", or the "Blue Jays are hitless though 7"...

He avoids the jinx words (which I find foolish) but lets people listening know exactly what's at stake.

And anyhow, does anyone remember that the last time the White Sox had a perfect game, Verlander threw a no hitter the next week?

How awesome would it be to no-hit the Yankees on friday? >:D

Humber is the anti-Galaragga. Two bad umpiring calls that go the other way.

Humber throws ball 4 to the 27th batter and gets a check-swing call to go his way. Perfect game stands.

Galaragga gets a weaker grounder from the 27th batter, guy gets thrown out by 3-feet, called safe. Perfect game shattered.

Especially since he's a White Sox pitcher, you'll have to forgive me when I say he can take his perfect game and eat it, then shit it into a paper bag, then eat it again.

Back