Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Dirks in the leadoff

27tigers

Dirks has been very bad in the leadoff spot this season. MAybe because he getting used to it, but I don't know if this is the right time/place for that. As much as I can't stand hitting Jackson leadoff, he is the best option for the remainder of the season, unless there is reason to believe Dirks will quickly improve, but for a first year player in mid-August, I doubt it.

I hate that the choice seems to be between A-Jax and Dirks. Can't we pick neither and try someone that actually gets on base?

JimRice said:
I hate that the choice seems to be between A-Jax and Dirks. Can't we pick neither and try someone that actually gets on base?
leyland is way too stubborn and old-school for that.

ZOMG THEY HAS SPEED THEY GOTSA LEAD OFF, WHO CARES IF THEY CANT GET ON BASE

Love dirks....don't think he's a great fit for the lead off spot cause he's first pitch swinging at EVERY PLATE appearance. His walk numbers/on base % will suffer cause of it. He's still probably better in that slot than ajax.

Back