Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Pryor* ruled eligible

b311j

What a joke. At least the NFL is going to make him sit for those 5 games he promised he the Vest he would. Not that he would be starting on any NFL team.

The NFL declared former Ohio State* quarterback Terrelle Pryor* eligible for the supplemental draft Thursday but ruled that he will not be able to play in the first five games of the 2011 season after he signs a contract.

The league announced Pryor* was eligible in a memo sent to its 32 teams Thursday. The 2011 supplemental draft will take place Monday, Aug. 22.

The NFL said that Pryor* can play in preseason games after he is drafted, although he can't play until Week 6 of the season.

"... Pryor* made decisions that undermine the integrity of the eligibility rules for the NFL Draft. Those actions included failing to cooperate with the NCAA and hiring an agent in violation of NCAA rules, which resulted in Ohio State* declaring him ineligible to continue playing college football.

"Pryor* then applied to enter the NFL after the regular draft. Pryor* had accepted at the end of the 2010 college football season a suspension for the first five games of the 2011 season for violating NCAA rules. Pryor* will be ineligible to practice prior to or play in the first five games of the NFL regular season after he signs."

Complete and total joke. He didn't follow the rules to qualify for the supplemental draft, but they let him enter anyway. I say they should have made him wait a year. Its not like they were banning him for life. He didn't qualify for this year, so wait until April. He could have went to the cfl, worked out on his own, or any other various things. The NFL is more of a joke than the ncaa.

what are the rules to qualify for the supplemental draft?

another article I read made it sound mainly discretionary.

MAIZEandBLUE09 said:
He'll fizzle just like every other player of his stature has in the past.

ya, I never thought he was that good at ohio. In high school and college his size and speed alone carried him. I thought his play was actually pretty sloppy, and his attitude is horrible.

he's going to get killed in the NFL, and end up in prison eventually, like Mo C... unless Sarniak keeps giving him money to sit around and do nothing. Then... he'll sit around, enjoy the "thug life," smoke weed with his homies and play video games all day.

MichChamp02 said:

In a brief explanation (according toe way I understand it)

Something unexpected has to happen AFTER the draft registration date passes that makes you change your mind to go pro instead of coming back.

Example... loss of college eligability after the draft.

The way it was explained to me was that Pryor knew of his suspension before the bowl game was even played, so nothing had changed after the deadline for him to register for the draft, therefore should not have been eligable.

MichChamp02 said:

The Supplemental Draft, is designed to allow underclassmen --who did not petition the league for early entry before the NFL Draft deadline but find themselves ineligible for the upcoming college season-- a vehicle for entering the NFL.

TP wasn't ruled ineligible. He chose to leave OH*. Then after he chose to leave and it was revealed by the NFL that he would not qualify for the supplemental draft, OH* retroactively ruled that TP is ineligible in an effort to help him.

A player has to not petition for early entry and then be ruled ineligible for a set number of reasons. In other articles, it details I think 3 reasons that they can be ruled ineligible. TP didn't meet any of those 3 reasons either.

As for making him sit for the first 5 games? He doens't care about that. He'll be getting paid and that is all he cares about.

Hungry said:
MichChamp02 said:

The Supplemental Draft, is designed to allow underclassmen --who did not petition the league for early entry before the NFL Draft deadline but find themselves ineligible for the upcoming college season-- a vehicle for entering the NFL.

TP wasn't ruled ineligible. He chose to leave OH*. Then after he chose to leave and it was revealed by the NFL that he would not qualify for the supplemental draft, OH* retroactively ruled that TP is ineligible in an effort to help him. ...

ah how nice of them. That will definitely ensure future recruiting success among the thug element.

SIDE NOTE: I HATED that the word "thug" was banned on ESPN. It was often hard to describe ohio players without that one...

Yeah, pretty pathetic that to become eligible his lawyers decided to dump more dirt on Ohio* so that his [retroactive] ineligibility makes him available to go Pro, but opens another can of worms in Columbus. The Tatt-5 Scandal is now separate of T_Peezy's getting money from his own 'Uncle Ed.'

I smell Al Davis......

bigvic said:
Yeah, pretty pathetic that to become eligible his lawyers decided to dump more dirt on Ohio* so that his [retroactive] ineligibility makes him available to go Pro, but opens another can of worms in Columbus. The Tatt-5 Scandal is now separate of T_Peezy's getting money from his own 'Uncle Ed.'

I smell Al Davis......

It does smell like geritol (sp)

wlvrnstlr4life said:
It looks as though Sarniak and Pryor may be lovers. You know, the older "mentor", mentoring.

Pryopr probably works for Chris Hanson.

Back