Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

RichRods recruitment of Pryor

b311j

I see on Twitter that the Michigan Compliance Dept has reached out to RichRod to discuss his recruitment of Pryor "in advance of expected story regarding improper practices"...

chatsportsACE Ace Williams
by supprtbradyhoke
Compliance folks inside U-M AD have reached out to RR to discuss Pryor recruitment in advance of expected story regarding improper practices

Uh oh. Will RR catch a break because he lost out on Pryor due to UOS offering more than he did?
laugh.png

Probably looking into T_Peezy's mentor shopping him around like Newton's dad did him.

"So Rich, when did Tressel finally outbid you for Pryor's services?"

yeah, I guess looking back that could be kinda fishy. I assumed (at the time) that RR lost out on Pryor BECAUSE he didn't play the illegal perks game.

if it turns out he lost out not because he didn't play the game, but because he didn't play it as well as Tressel... ugh.

The only silver lining is that any violations stemming from Pryor's recruitment would've occurred BEFORE this chump got us on probation, not after.

MichChamp02 said:
The only silver lining is that any violations stemming from Pryor's recruitment would've occurred BEFORE this chump got us on probation, not after.

Are you sure about that? I pray our University doesn't get involved again, but what if there was some impropriety uncovered while he was coach here?

How bad could it get?

he recruited Pryor in 2008.

we went on probation when exactly? the allegations came out at the start of the '09 season; Brandon took over as AD and saw us through them in 2010. The NCAA's ruling was handed down sometime after that (don't remember exactly), so we were on probation after any recruiting violations of PRyor would've occurred.

What are the chances, do you think, that Michigan will get into trouble at all (even minorly) over this twit's recruitment?

Face it this kid and his "people" were on the take from the word go. I wouldnt be surprised at all if U of M does some wink wink deals but no where near the level that Miami did. It is the way major college sports are. I am not condoning it I am just not dumb enough to think it doesnt happen. I am glad pryor didn't choose us though because I think he would have made some of the same bad decisions here. If you are looking for trouble you will find it without question. If the tattoo parlor hadn't gotten busted by the feds I doubt any of this would have come to light. The car deals had been rumored for years but were never going to be investigated.

Red and Guilty said:
bigvic said:
Isn't 'Ace Williams' this fraud 'insider' who blogs and tweets inflammatory and innaccurate info?

http://midnightmaize.blogspot.com/2011/08/who-is-ace-williams.html

I really want this to be inaccurate. I already hate that RR called TP before telling his own team that he was leaving.

I quoted this clown, Ace, a few weeks back after he "100% confirmed" more suspensions were coming for Michigan football players. Obviously there has not been anyone else suspended so I would say his info is about as reliable as sports info from Ace Ventura.

TheWolverines24 said:
Red and Guilty said:
I really want this to be inaccurate. I already hate that RR called TP before telling his own team that he was leaving.

I quoted this clown, Ace, a few weeks back after he "100% confirmed" more suspensions were coming for Michigan football players. Obviously there has not been anyone else suspended so I would say his info is about as reliable as sports info from Ace Ventura.

Alllllllllll righty then!

myczk1aj said:
TheWolverines24 said:

Alllllllllll righty then!

I'm looking for Ray Finkle.....and a clean pair of shorts

Please stop posting this Ace Williams Crap.. The guy is a fraud is has no credibility what so ever.. It's been proven by midnight maze and mgoblog. He got his twitter avitar from a hair style website. FRAUD.

Back