Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Suh Quote

sunnydlitex123

I play like I'm a heat-seeking missile closing in on the searing, white-hot glow of quarterbacks' uniforms. If I'm not positive he got rid of the ball by the time I arrive, I'm dropping a megaton of funk on him.

-N. Suh

shut up and play and stop drawing attention to yourself.

to much talent to turn into an asshole.

It's some great hyperbole, but unfortunately it isn't a quote from Suh himself. Here's how the full paragraph reads:

It's a message Suh has been preaching since he drew his first fine last preseason: I play like I'm a heat-seeking missile closing in on the searing, white-hot glow of quarterbacks' uniforms. If I'm not positive he got rid of the ball by the time I arrive, I'm dropping a megaton of funk on him.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2011/08/gunther_cunningham_on_lions_nd.html?

I thought it was gay until he said megaton of funk on him which showed me it was playful n not like he was taking himself overly serious. I do think its retarded to draw anymore attention to himself though as Slick pointed out.

James Harrison is a 2x Defensive Player of the Year...and all people really know him for is being an asshole with a big mouth now.

would hate to see Suh get the same rep.

million dollar talent with a 10 cent head.

kgdetroit said:
It's some great hyperbole, but unfortunately it isn't a quote from Suh himself. Here's how the full paragraph reads:

It's a message Suh has been preaching since he drew his first fine last preseason: I play like I'm a heat-seeking missile closing in on the searing, white-hot glow of quarterbacks' uniforms. If I'm not positive he got rid of the ball by the time I arrive, I'm dropping a megaton of funk on him.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2011/08/gunther_cunningham_on_lions_nd.html?

Thanks for the correction.

I think that it is suh's play that has drawn attention to him... not his talk...

sunnydlitex123 said:
kgdetroit said:

Thanks for the correction.

I think that it is suh's play that has drawn attention to him... not his talk...

so watch him play and enjoy....

you're the one posting his assinine quotes.

SLICK said:
James Harrison is a 2x Defensive Player of the Year...and all people really know him for is being an asshole with a big mouth now.

James Harrison won DPOY once. But yes I get your point.

Eddie said:
SLICK said:

James Harrison won DPOY once. But yes I get your point.

thanks for the correction , the 4 1st team ALL Pro selections clouded my comprehension skills and I hit a 2 instead of the 1.

still though for Suh...shut up and play Raiola is the only dick we really need on the team.

He should have 0...Demarcus Ware should have gotten it that year.

Beez said:
He should have 0...Demarcus Ware should have gotten it that year.

truth...

I think Harrison got it because the Steeler defense as a whole was tremendous..

I cant blame suh for the responses. Especially since this one didnt even come from his mouth. Hes got every single media outlet condemning him as a dirty player...or atleast bringing up the possibility of it. And he has been a very positive media presence showing his intelligence and passion for the game. He made a frikken play on a ginger that should have been a penalty. Ive seen that play 100 times a year get penalized and no fine attached. His stupid Shaq comments happen cause the league wont say shit about why guys get fined. Comming off a year where he pushed a guy and got fined and got flagged for grabbing a guys hair....hes gotta come up with something when the media constantly badgers him. He either comes up with shaq answers or hes says "no comment". Suh likes to talk...ofcourse hes goign to give the shaq answer.

I don't think so. Harrison drops into coverage about 30% of the time vs. 6-8% for Ware, he still managed 15 or 16 sacks that season and 3 or 4 more FF. He also played the run better than Ware. He was the more complete defensive player that year. I think they got it right.

mhughes0021 said:
I cant blame suh for the responses. Especially since this one didnt even come from his mouth. Hes got every single media outlet condemning him as a dirty player...or atleast bringing up the possibility of it. And he has been a very positive media presence showing his intelligence and passion for the game. He made a frikken play on a ginger that should have been a penalty. Ive seen that play 100 times a year get penalized and no fine attached. His stupid Shaq comments happen cause the league wont say shit about why guys get fined. Comming off a year where he pushed a guy and got fined and got flagged for grabbing a guys hair....hes gotta come up with something when the media constantly badgers him. He either comes up with shaq answers or hes says "no comment". Suh likes to talk...ofcourse hes goign to give the shaq answer.

not my money....the more he talks the more $$$ Goodell will unburden him of....just the way it is.

SLICK said:
mhughes0021 said:

not my money....the more he talks the more $$$ Goodell will unburden him of....just the way it is.

true but hes not really saying anything that bad lol and hes not dumb enough to turn into a harrison type. $20k isnt going to make him change the way he plays....and it shouldnt.

mhughes0021 said:
SLICK said:

true but hes not really saying anything that bad lol and hes not dumb enough to turn into a harrison type. $20k isnt going to make him change the way he plays....and it shouldnt.

doesn't matter how he say's it , if it makes the news ( which it will ) it draws the attention to him....when you go around talking about "dropping QBs" when it's a QB driven league you're just asking for the Goodell hammer.

Every year Suh has come out of the gates and made his presence known in the pre season and sent the message that he means business...

I think that this will be the only decapitation this year.

SLICK said:
mhughes0021 said:

doesn't matter how he say's it , if it makes the news ( which it will ) it draws the attention to him....when you go around talking about "dropping QBs" when it's a QB driven league you're just asking for the Goodell hammer.

Again, those were the reporters words not his. If you read the story the guy didn't even interview Suh.

Back