Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Leyland's lineups hurting the Tigers

I still think Mr. I giving DD & Leyland extensions before the season played out was a horrible move. The team tanked the last time they were extended a couple years back and the writing is on the wall for it to happen again.

demmy19 said:
I still think Mr. I giving DD & Leyland extensions before the season played out was a horrible move. The team tanked the last time they were extended a couple years back and the writing is on the wall for it to happen again.

See my latest thread! lol

tycobb420 said:
Lineups are not the issue...it's the pitching.

Yes!!! Our pathetic rotation is way more damaging than any backwards line-up card Leyland has produced.

I do think the line ups are a valid criticism against Leyland. Most of his in game calls are right down the establishment line, and would be made by any manager (or most). A handful constantly complain about every move and drown out the legit stuff, in my opinion.

Sorry been out and about.... I just heard it on the radio... Finally someone on the national level blasting Jim..

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Bump for Bob :)

Thanks....
I have been really still hot about last nights debacle and I have been trying to stay away from the board... This last series is by far one of the worst of the year in my opinion.

Funny how a lot of the posters have been banging this drum all season...

There is no reason not to move Alex up in the order. No reason both Alex and JP have to be batting lower then 6th at the same time..

By the way, I tweeted this link to Leyland with another
"wake up dum ass".

Still waiting for a tweet back for me to at least stop calling him a dum ass during and after each game this twins series.

The tribe does not have one .300 hitter in there line-up right now with more then 200 at bats or more.
Hafner is at .298. The White Sox have only Paul Kornerko at .314.

JL is going to do what JL wants to do. Sometimes I think he runs those lineups out there to get a reaction or to take the focus off the players. I also believe he believes that they are the best lineups to produce a win... he has tremendous confidence in his players. I hate them as much as anybody but I have to assume he knows more than me about the game and has his reasons for it. Betemit sitting is clearly a lack of confidence in his defense in my mind. The guy has been horrible, even if he was robbed last night. I think JL is a very good manager but his lineups leave him open for a lot of criticism, which I think is strategic to take the focus off the players for not performing on a given night. This team is so poor defensively, limits JL from being an elite manger. That is my take.

Imo pitching has being the main concern...but I have blasted smokes for his lineups and his love affairs with certain players! starting clownbum in the infield is beyond me. But to keep his mindlessness in regard to leadoff is uncalled for...Ajax is fast but has no baserunning IQ and it seems smokes doesnt teach base stealing and then fat Lamont coaching 3B, so what good is having speed at the leadoff?

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]The tribe does not have one .300 hitter in there line-up right now with more then 200 at bats or more.
Hafner is at .298. The White Sox have only Paul Kornerko at .314.

And their pitching is superior, that's baseball.

The Tigers have a significant negative run differential and are in first. They've been lucky and carried by offense.

Cleveland has two pitchers under a 1.2 Whip, Tigers have 1. Cle has 4 relievers with a WHIP under 1.2, Tigers have 1!

They don't allow baserunners.

AL hitting/pitching and defense..

Like JRice say pitching is keeping Cleveland around plus the Tigers poor defense... But still if Leyland was not so stubborn with some of his Line-up and player decisions they still should have at least a 5 game lead or more on the division. You just cannot keep running the same guys before Cabrera.. Only Boesch consistently got on base before MC and he still has 80 RBI's.. Tigers better start winning at home soon... They need some of last years home magic to return..

http://www.baseball-reference.com/leagues/AL/2011.shtml

http://www.baseball-reference.com/leagues/AL/2011-standard-pitching.shtml

http://www.baseball-reference.com/leagues/AL/2011-standard-fielding.shtml

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]By the way, I tweeted this link to Leyland with another
"wake up dum ass".

Still waiting for a tweet back for me to at least stop calling him a dum ass during and after each game this twins series.

Leyland doesn't have twitter. That guy is a fake Leyland.

Back