Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Get Fired Up!

is "hold the rope" a michigan thing. Cause I coulda sworn in was a wvu thing. Other than that, this video was awesome. Love the song.

That was nice.......I wouldn't mind seeing the rest of it.......It faded out at the end and I don't think that was the entire song or video. But what I did see was well done, not tacky or corny........unlike the "we are ND" song and video which doctors can use to induce vomiting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6mE9Au3CwM

WARNING: do not watch if you just ate and/or if you haven't seen this ridiculous production before, which was fully backed by the South Bend University (which is obvious, given the fact that they had complete access to all ND facilities).

wow that ND videao is fricken sweet. almost as bad as the OHIo state basketball video of the players singing to miley cyrus.

MAIZEandBLUE09 said:
Am I the only one that thought it was a little cheesy?

The ND one is the definition of cheesy. I thought "In the Big House" was rock genre with a good chorus and a respectable song when it comes to: do you like the song and would you listen to it in your car? For me the answer is yes.....it sounds a lot like half the songs on my I Pod. But I do know what you're saying, these songs are so ostentatious in their nature its hard to make one that isn't cheesy. IMO, this one was well done and is about as good as its going to get. Its respectable at the very least.

The video is good too, because they only used game video and stadium shots......NOT A BAND ON STAGE WEARING M GEAR and a BUNCH OF IDIOTS TAILGATING.

Ercole747 said:
MAIZEandBLUE09 said:
Am I the only one that thought it was a little cheesy?

The ND one is the definition of cheesy. I thought "In the Big House" was rock genre with a good chorus and a respectable song when it comes to: do you like the song and would you listen to it in your car? For me the answer is yes.....it sounds a lot like half the songs on my I Pod. But I do know what you're saying, these songs are so ostentatious in their nature its hard to make one that isn't cheesy. IMO, this one was well done and is about as good as its going to get. Its respectable at the very least.

The video is good too, because they only used game video and stadium shots......NOT A BAND ON STAGE WEARING M GEAR and a BUNCH OF IDIOTS TAILGATING.
I totally agree.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
is "hold the rope" a michigan thing. Cause I coulda sworn in was a wvu thing. Other than that, this video was awesome. Love the song.

Yeah. I think that's a RIchRod thing.

Hungry said:
Maize&Cheese304 said:

Yeah. I think that's a RIchRod thing.

Yeah just like the "Hard Edge" thing. Obviously, playing with a hard edge only gets you so far.

For those curious the song "In the Big House" is by Pop Evil. Looks like they are releasing it Aug 30

b311j said:
For those curious the song "In the Big House" is by Pop Evil. Looks like they are releasing it Aug 30

You beat me to it.

@BDShep75 The name of the song is "In The Big House" and Pop Evil is the band, download for the song won't come out until Aug.30 though

DetroitUofM7 1 day ago

GoBlueInAtlanta said:
b311j said:

You beat me to it.

@BDShep75 The name of the song is "In The Big House" and Pop Evil is the band, download for the song won't come out until Aug.30 though

DetroitUofM7 1 day ago

I was going to post all that too, but it was listed on the You Tube page. That's how I knew the name of the song was "In The Big House".

Its weird we can't even buy it if we wanted to until Aug 30. Not to mention they showed us 1/2 the video already too. I look forward to hearing and seeing the whole production when its released.

Cool vid. Thanks for posting. I can't wait for the rest either.

My son made me play it four times yesterday, he was getting all fired up!!

good news for the richrod haters. I'm pretty sure that footage was from last season. The tunnel has since been painted. Maybe you guys missed the thread. Now it says;

The Team The Team The Team

Whatever that means...

From what I saw, I think the footage is actually 2009 ...no Shoelace clips from last year at all and a lot of defensive 'highlights' against MAC teams.

bigvic said:
From what I saw, I think the footage is actually 2009 ...no Shoelace clips from last year at all and a lot of defensive 'highlights' against MAC teams.

OK OK Well, at least I was right about the highlight from them hitting the ceiling on their way out of the tunnel was while RichRod was here...

Y'all wanna get so technical all the time

Back