Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Bin Laden was a threat????

johnny2x2x

Ever since Bin Laden was killed I have wondered where the outrage was. He was found with a treasure trove of intel. and he was found to have command and control of the Al Qaeda network right up until his death. Why wasn't this a huge story?

For years we were told he was living in a cave and no longer mattered, he was no threat. Then we find out he was not only a threat, but he was the greatest threat to American security there was. He was involved in planning attacks that killed and would have killed Americans. I have a pretty good idea why his role had been downplayed for 8 years, because the Bush Administration wanted to downplay their total failure to kill or capture Bin Laden both at Tora Bora and in the years following. I have a hard time believing that our Intelligence leaders didn't know that Bin Laden was still our biggest threat and every day that he was free or alive put American lives at great risk. We were lied to in order to make us feel safe, that's a dynamic story that has been totally ignored by the press.

This should have been on the cover of every newspaper in the country in the days after Bin Laden's death, the outrage should have been earth moving and there should have been subsequent investigations as to why were lied to for 8 years and even if we weren't lied to, how on earth could our intelligence be so poor that we didn't even know who was in charge of Al Qaeda. I am at a loss as to why none of this happened.

it's called... propaganda. it doesn't have to make sense.

get angry and yell at the TV. demand our leaders destroy our national enemies. we are the good guys, they are the bad guys. we have always been at war with the bad guys.

the State Department has been lately criticising China, Syria, Russia, Iran, etc. for stifling dissent, and surveilling their own citizens... meanwhile our own police & FBI do things like this: http://gawker.com/5906500/

pay no attention.

Last edited by a moderator:
George Bush, "I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority" -- 3/13/02

I just don't get why the American Public didn't seem to be surprised to learn that Bin Laden was still running Al Qaeda.

bin Laden wasn't a threat because Bush couldn't find him.

bin Laden was a threat because Obama did find and kill him.

Giuliani actually prevented another 9/11 because he was mayor of NY when it happened

Clinton caused 9/11 because it happened when Bush was President

Obama is a "typical beltway politician" because he is "politicizing" the killing of Obama but Giuliani was more than right in "politicizing" 9/11 for over a decade to his advantage....

See, easy game.

bin Laden wasn't a threat because Bush couldn't find him.

bin Laden was a threat because Obama did find and kill him.

Giuliani actually prevented another 9/11 because he was mayor of NY when it happened

Clinton caused 9/11 because it happened when Bush was President

Obama is a "typical beltway politician" because he is "politicizing" the killing of Obama but Giuliani was more than right in "politicizing" 9/11 for over a decade to his advantage....

See, easy game.

Welcome to the sad state of American politics.

George Bush, "I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority" -- 3/13/02

I just don't get why the American Public didn't seem to be surprised to learn that Bin Laden was still running Al Qaeda.

aka..."i tried to find him and failed so ill just move all the troops to this sand box over here and kill Sadaam so daddys happy....we'll come back to this other sandbox later and try again."

aka..."i tried to find him and failed so ill just move all the troops to this sand box over here and kill Sadaam so daddys happy....we'll come back to this other sandbox later and try again."

thank god for Bush's enhanced interrogations and black sites...or we would have never found him,, thanks GWB

thank god for Bush's enhanced interrogations and black sites...or we would have never found him,, thanks GWB

how many years and $ did that take. Your boy Barry shoots terrorists in the face weekly.....or atleast shoves things WAY up their asses. Any credit you give Bush for Sadaam you have to praise Obama 3 times over. Bush wasnt even gangster about it....he arrested him and brought him to trial....SADAAM FUCKING HUSSEIN went to trial lmao. Bush is such a loser.

Back