Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Mission Accomplished

tinselwolverine

Well May First is quite a day.

One year ago today, United States forces found and killed Osama bin Laden.

Today, President of the United States Barak Obama went to Afghanistan to sign a historic treaty.

As I was listening to CNN coverage, I was reminded that it was exactly 9 years ago that then President George W. Bush had made the famous - or infamous - "mission accomplished" claim on the USS Abraham Lincoln.

As I was driving my wife of 2 days out to breakfast this morning, she reminded me that today is our anniversary - not of our wedding, of course, but of the day of our first date 9 years ago.

So as I was listening to the CNN coverage and was reminded that 9 years ago today was the day George Bush made the "mission accomplished" claim, I noted that to her...and her response was to remind again that 9 years ago is also the day of our first date.

So...what was I to do?

So I kissed her, and said "well, mission accomplished, Baby!"

And she answered, "mission accomplished."

Mazeltov.

Last edited:
Did you suggest a little role-playing later? you can be W., and she gets to be Laura.

Back